Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt aiming for busy final week in the transfer window

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers are planning for a busy final week in the transfer window.

Domestic clubs have until October 16 to do business and Ian Evatt predicts there will be comings and goings at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Recent injuries to Gethin Jones and Tom White could force the club’s hand in the loan market over the coming days, and Evatt is also looking to move out a few of his younger players on loan.

The likes of Adam Senior and Sonny Graham have already been touted for moves in the non-league and with the National League season now up and running, the Whites boss feels there will be some departures by the close of the window.

“There’s going to have to be,” he said. “The issue we have had is that there has been a lot of question marks about non-league football, the restart, and obviously the financial predicament they have been left in with the pandemic and no supporters in stadia.

“They are not looking to recruit as many as they would. Some of the younger ones I’d like to have sent out to get men’s football and gain experience have not been able to for that reason.

“In terms of the senior ones, I’m happy with them all, to be honest. I know we have been inconsistent but it was always going to be the way.

“As much as we said we were ready, this and that, it was always going to take time. I always said we were going to get better as the season went on and I still think that’s the case.

“When the serious injuries happen you are going to have to replace them. We were trying to carry two players for every position but now we’re left with one in some areas, so we’ll look at that and see.”

Evatt has already put the feelers out with clubs in the Premier League and Championship about players who may be available for loan until January.

Right-back is a particular concern, with Jones likely to be out of action until January.

“We’re always looking to improve,” Evatt said, “especially with the injuries we have got. There are one or two areas we need to strengthen.

“We have also got one or two returning. Alex Baptiste will be back this week, Shaun Miller isn’t far away, some of the other lads got minutes at Shrewsbury to get them up to speed. There is lots to be happy about at the moment.

“The Gethin and Tom White injuries are not ideal but that’s football. We have to make sure that whoever we bring in is an improvement on what we have already got.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum