Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt happy with quiet Bolton Wanderers deadline day

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt says he is happy with his Wanderers squad, after completing his recruitment drive ahead of deadline day.

Versatile defender Peter Kioso arrived at the University of Bolton Stadium from Luton Town on the eve of the transfer window closing until the new year.

EFL clubs have up until 5pm today to make signings.

But speaking at this afternoon's press conference ahead of tomorrow's home derby with Oldham Athletic, Evatt said Kioso would be his 20th and final signing.

Asked if he was expecting any more, the Bolton boss said: "No. We’ve got 20 new ones, we’ve got injuries as well that are close to returning - Lloyd Isgrove is close to returning, Shaun Miller is close to returning - they add competition for places.

“Tom White and Gethin aren’t as bad as we first feared, so once we get all these lads back we’ll be a strong squad.

“For now it’s consistency and building on the platform we’re giving ourselves.

“Yes defensively we’re looking better, which enables us and gives us a platform to get three points and win games.

“Earlier in the season we were shooting ourselves in the foot. We’ve stopped that habit now. We just need to make sure we start scoring at the other end."

And Evatt feels capturing Kioso will help in that department.

“I think he’s a fantastic player, a player that I’ve lauded and chased for a long time," he added.

"I wanted him in pre-season but he wasn’t available. He has been involved in the Championship for Luton and he was man of the match against Manchester United in the League Cup.

“He’s a young player with a hell of a lot of talent. He can play in a number of positions, he’ll add competition, strength in depth, we’ve seen the quality he’s got in training this week and he’ll be a big player for us."

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum