Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bradford 1-1 Bolton

+8
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
gloswhite
wessy
Norpig
wanderlust
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Bradford 1-1 Bolton Thu Mar 04 2021, 15:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We’ve won 6 in a row albeit against bottom half teams and Bradford have won 5 in a row so somebody’s unbeaten run is going unless we get the draw I’m predicting.

Bradford are well up for this as reflected by the 5 pages and counting of discussion on Bantamtalk where the whole gamut of opinions and prejudices are on display but the general mood Is that they believe they have the better team. 

Perhaps the first serious test for Evatt’s new look team before we take on Cambridge - who Bradford drew with in January.

Hope for a win but a draw more likely imo.

2Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Thu Mar 04 2021, 15:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They are on a good run as well so i reckon a draw as well, i'd go for 1-1. Not sure they have a better team than us though? Maybe before January but not since.

3Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Thu Mar 04 2021, 15:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They’ve has some great results since they sacked McCall and brought in Sellars and Trueman, mainly against better opposition than we’ve played recently. Their defence is pretty sorted so we’ll need our forwards to up their game.

4Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Thu Mar 04 2021, 16:30

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

First goal crucial in this one, if they have a better team than we have then they will win the league, i don't see that happening, my worry is we are due to concede so we need that first goal. I dont think in this league who you have beaten is relevent look at Southend and Stevenage beating promotion contenders We look like a team now and close down really well just hope we can avoid defeat on saturday.

5Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Thu Mar 04 2021, 16:42

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I still have nagging doubts about us actually trying to score. We want to walk it in, as we walk it away from our defence.

6Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Thu Mar 04 2021, 22:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

7Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Fri Mar 05 2021, 10:35

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We are going to win this one. I predict a 2-0 win for us.

But we all know how well I do at predictions Shocked

8Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Fri Mar 05 2021, 11:11

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:We’ve won 6 in a row albeit against bottom half teams and Bradford have won 5 in a row so somebody’s unbeaten run is going unless we get the draw I’m predicting.

Before we strengthened we also beat Cheltenham away, Drew at Camebridge and Carlisle and beat Salford. So who we are currently beating is pretty irrelevant.

9Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Fri Mar 05 2021, 12:54

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I actually have to agree with lusty on this one. We've done really well recently but no run lasts forever and Bradford will be a genuine test of how far we've come so a draw wouldn't surprise me. I still think we'll win but to be honest I would be quite satisfied with a point.

10Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Fri Mar 05 2021, 13:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
Before we strengthened we also beat Cheltenham away, Drew at Camebridge and Carlisle and beat Salford. So who we are currently beating is pretty irrelevant.
I was making a general point about form Wessy. Cheltenham are a different side now and since Bradford beat them they've also gone on a decent run, whilst Cambridge have started to slip a bit. I agree that we can only play what's in front of us but Bradford will fancy turning us over and I'm just saying they look like a different proposition than the teams we've played recently. That said, seeing that there are several teams with games in hand on us, we really need to beat everyone from now on in.

11Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Fri Mar 05 2021, 16:11

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its only happened a couple of times this season, but I still worry that after a good start, we lose our way and just play in the middle and back of the park, with no apparent clue on how to attack. Mind you, the players are gelling, but I still wish we attacked more, (or at least scored more).

12Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Fri Mar 05 2021, 16:53

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm always an optimist!  I've even bet on us to win the league

But I am still waiting for it to fall apart.  Only when I see us dominating teams and scoring the goals, as glos has also put,  will I truely believe my optimism Smile

The Wanderer podcast summed it up nicely when it sais we shouldnt be passing it at the back in the 88th minute when we are drawing 0-0, we need to change the strategy and adapt. 

lets hope the good results continue.

13Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Fri Mar 05 2021, 20:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another win here, squad is way too good for league two and is just starting to gain traction. I don’t see anyone stopping us now tbh. We’ll win more than we lose and go up as champions

14Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Fri Mar 05 2021, 22:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bradford City vs. Bolton Wanderers

Bolton Wanderers travel across the Pennines as they look to extend their winning sequence to a seventh consecutive victory against a resurgent Bradford City at Valley Parade who are also in tremendous form. (Kick Off 3pm).

Pre-Match Quotes:

Ian Evatt: “It’s a big game certainly, and do you know what, it really makes you think about where we’re at right now in the world that what a shame we can’t have supporters in this game. I think we’d have over 20,000 there.

"Two big clubs in their own right, both pushing to achieve something this season, both in great form and what a game it would be for fans to be in.

"I feel sorry for them that they’re not going to experience that with us. But hopefully, we can go there and put on a good show.

“I think sometimes, as we’ve seen, normally when you have a change in management, normally you get a short-term boost. But theirs hasn’t been short-term, it’s been sustained over a period now, and credit to them.

"When players start winning you get belief and confidence and you get yourself on a roll like we’re on a roll at the moment. It’s going to be a real tough game but I’m hoping that we can maintain our run and put an end to theirs.”

Connor Sellars: “When you see their team, there are a lot of good players and threats.

“We’re not surprised that they are in form and have found their way.

“They are in unbelievable form. They are confident and have found a way of playing that suits them.

“It’s going to be a different challenge to most teams.

“They have got that style of play of possession but are happy to mix it up as well and go a little bit more direct, especially in recent weeks.

“We’re going to do our homework to make sure that we know as much as we can.”

How to Watch:

Wanderers’ supporters can watch the game against Bradford City by purchasing an iFollow BWFC video match pass for just £10 you don’t have to miss a kick.

An iFollow BWFC video match pass will ensure supporters do not miss a minute of the action, with the entire match streamed through any compatible laptop, computer, tablet, or mobile device in the United Kingdom.

Team News:

Ian Evatt has no fresh injury concerns ahead of the trip to West Yorkshire and has a nearly fully fit squad to choose from.

Only long-term absentees Dennis Politic and Liam Edwards remain out of contention.

The Bantams will be without midfielder Harry Pritchard who requires surgery on a back injury with Lee Novak's spell on the sidelines likely to continue.

Bookies Odds:

Bradford City win: 8/5

Draw: 21/10

Bolton Wanderers win: 17/10

Correct as of 5/3/2021 (10am) on skybet.com

Form:

With 19 points from their last seven games, Bolton Wanderers are at the top of the Sky Bet League Two form table.

A comfortable 2-0 victory at Oldham Athletic in midweek their sixth successive league victory – something last achieved in September 2000.

Bradford have won five games on the trot and sit just behind Wanderers in the form table with their last reverse coming in early February when they lost 3-2 at Exeter City.

Last time out:

Nathan Delfouneso’s 13th-minute goal gave Ian Evatt’s men a 1-0 victory at the University of Bolton Stadium in October.

Keeper Billy Crellin made a fine penalty save from Billy Clarke to ensure that Wanderers hung on to the three points.

The last time the two teams met at Valley Parade was in February 2017. A Charlie Wyke double put the Bantams in a comfortable position at the break, but Phil Parkinson's Wanderers came roaring back to earn a point in a 2-2 draw, with the goals coming from David Wheater and Gary Madine.

Match Officials:

Referee: Geoff Eltringham.

Assistant Referees: Rob Smith and Craig Taylor.

Fourth Official: Shaun Hudson.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 06 2021, 14:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

16Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 06 2021, 14:22

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This run will come to an end but so will Bradfords, For me today marks a new start we have now got our football club back, we are contenders and we are chomping at the bit because this feels like a big game, what ever the result today we are heading on a upward tragectory.  Mansfield also had a good run stopped by a certain team in white. Going to be a nervy ride this afternoon.

17Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 06 2021, 14:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This will be a proper test of how far we’ve come. Laptop hooked up to telly, beers lined up, fingers crossed.

18Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 06 2021, 14:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

19Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 06 2021, 16:54

Thought that was a great performance especially second half, Bradford didn’t deserve anything out of the game. Robbed but onto the next one.

20Bradford 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Bradford 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 06 2021, 17:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some good performances, notably Gilks, Santos, Baptiste, Williams, Lee and Isgrove although I thought Jones had a poor game, not just letting Rowe get space behind him for the equaliser but his touch and passing were poor throughout.
Same old story up top though - occasional classy build up work but just not enough ruthlessness where it matters. Plenty to work on ahead of the next game and hopefully then we can keep the unbeaten run going.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum