Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt thinks the best is yet to come after Cambridge win

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt says the best is yet to come from Bolton.

Wanderers stretched their unbeaten run to TEN games with a 2-1 win over second placed Cambridge United last night - a result which closed the gap on the automatic promotion places to four points having taken 26 from a possible 30.

After enduring a difficult first half of the season, Bolton are now on their best run of results since 2006, under Sam Allardyce - a sequence that has propelled them the bottom half of League Two to the fringes of the top three.

But Evatt feels there is even more in their locker.

“We’re just going to keep going. There are some tired bodies and we’re really pleased with the run we’re on but we keep wanting to do more and improving," said the Wanderers boss.

"I thought the football we played was really breathtaking at times.

"The way we rotated, the way we moved, the way we got into pockets of space, the amount of times we got into the final third, the shots we had.

"That was a fantastic performance against a team that was second in the league.

"I think the performances are getting better and better and the football at times was excellent. It’s exactly what we’re trying to do to opposition and they found it tough to live with us.

"If we perform like that we’re going to be a handful for most teams.

"I still feel there’s more to come."

After a hectic schedule, Wanderers now have a month-long break from midweek fixtures which is welcomed by Evatt, who used their two-goal cushion to rest players, including goalscoring captain Antoni Sarcevic.

"We’re trying to make a few changes to look after people. It’s been a really, really tough schedule," he explained.

"A few are carrying niggles.

"The good thing is after Saturday, it gives us a break and it’s then Saturday-Saturday, so we can rest a few and recover, get some more content into the players on the training pitch and once we do that, we’ll be ready to go for the final 11 games after Saturday.

"We have to keep going, keep improving and keep striving."

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Getting paid to play the sport you love for 180 minutes a week.

Yes, it must be so tiring. The poor lambs.

I'm going to start a "clap for tired footballers" every Thursday evening at 8pm.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt hit the nail on the head - IF we can continue to perform like that.

It's a big if as I've been hoping for something like that since January and apart from a few flashes in games, we've managed it just the once.

If we play like that every week we'll piss promotion. If.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum