Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dapo Afolayan outlines key factor in fine League Two run

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tuesday night’s win saw plenty around Wanderers purring about the quality of the football played against Cambridge United.

Boss Ian Evatt labelled it “breathtaking” with it arguably the best the Whites have played during his time in charge, a late wobble aside.

But for in-form loanee Dapo Afolayan, it is the hard graft that is underpinning increasingly impressive performances that should not be underestimated.

“The attitude of the group is great and we go into games confident,” said the versatile forward.

“When you look around the dressing room everyone is comfortable with each other.

“We know the quality we’ve got but we know this league is all about matching people’s work rate and intensity and then our quality comes out on top.

“That’s what we’ve been doing. We’ve dug out results when we’ve needed to but in other games we showed our quality.

“I still don’t think we’ve hit our heights yet, I think there’s still a lot more to come from us.

“It’s good that we’re winning games and we’re still not at our best yet.”

Afolayan has played his part in a frontline that is really hitting its stride and, since a busy January transfer window, has plenty of strength in depth for the business end of the season.

The West Ham man has played in several positions in his nine appearances and is enjoying life under Evatt.

“The manager’s been really good with me and helps me go out there and express myself,” the 23-year-old said.

“It’s the same with all the other lads and it’s good to have that freedom knowing you can go out there and do your stuff and help the team get results and get up the league.

“If I play on the left I can switch over to the right and I can get into the pockets in the 10 because we’re all good players and we understand the game well so it’s easy to interchange and you see it.

“It’s been easy, there’s some great boys, great professionals in the group and the management and coaching staff have all been really good.

“All I want to do is improve week in, week out and I think I’m going in the right direction.”

Wanderers will be looking to make it 11 unbeaten at Port Vale tomorrow and Afolayan believes Evatt’s men are increasingly carrying a fear factor.

“We’ll go there with confidence and implement our style of play on the game,” he said.

“We’re taking our game to teams and I think there’ll be a lot of teams that are scared to play us now because we’re putting in top performances week in, week out. We’ll be confident heading into Saturday.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum