Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday?

+19
rammywhite
terenceanne
Barryjw
Michael Bolton
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
xmiles
bwfc71
gloswhite
Mallorca Trotter
JonnyRandom
Alf Hooker
Banks of the Croal
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
CEF
Natasha Whittam
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Will the club sack Coyle after the Millwall defeat?

Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Vote_lcap31%Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Vote_rcap 31% [ 12 ]
Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Vote_lcap69%Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Vote_rcap 69% [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 39

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Empty Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sat Oct 06 2012, 20:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will the club have the guts to do it? Yes or No?

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Seriously, i'm not sure. PG can be stubborn, as he'll see it as his third bad appointment in a row.

I think OC may still get the benefit of a few more matches.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:Seriously, i'm not sure. PG can be stubborn, as he'll see it as his third bad appointment in a row.

I think OC may still get the benefit of a few more matches.

I agree. I think the pressure will be huge to get rid of Coyle, but I reckon he might give him two more games.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bristol City at home on the 20th will probably be his last chance to turn things round. Losing to Millwall will be a bitter pill to swallow especially as they were in the bottom three before today.

It's a results business and Coyle isn't getting the results. The club are probably beavering away behind the scenes looking for a replacement but I think Coyle will still manage the team against Bristol.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle has indicated he's "soul searching" I think thats a hint... "let me go"

Gartside could call his bluff and tell him to walk or get on with it.

that won't be good for the club.

Gartside needs to act now, or this week at least.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm going to say no, though the pressure on coyle is huge I still think gartside has faith in him to turn this around.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't know what Gartside's defense for not getting rid could possibly be.

If he doesn't sack him now, it just proves his bark's better than his bite.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think he'll be gone by Monday, if not sooner.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle's contract is up at the end of the season whether or not. Sacking him now means paying him off and finding the cash for a new manager and new backroom staff.

I can see the board being in a quandary because at the back of their minds will be the fact that Coyle got Burnley promoted via the play-offs.

10Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sat Oct 06 2012, 20:50

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

Should be gone before Monday, whether Gartsides ego will let him do it is a different question altogether. I also believe Gartside should be allowed nowhere near the decision to appoint a replacement

11Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sat Oct 06 2012, 20:57

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

i really dont think he will be sacked. he needs to be but as CEF said, fartside is stubborn

12Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sat Oct 06 2012, 21:02

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

He's gone.

Monday is the end. I can feel a meeting going on as I type....

Mutual agreement and off he goes....

Carlsberg don't do Nuts Comments, but if they did..

13Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sat Oct 06 2012, 21:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm suspicious about Gartside's attitude this season. Is all this "not getting promoted just isn't an option" just bravado to get the fans onside?

If he keeps Coyle at this stage, he just looks like a bullshitter.

14Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sat Oct 06 2012, 21:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thats because he is a bullshitter.

15Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sat Oct 06 2012, 21:55

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The poll result (so far) is interesting. As much as people on here want OC gone, it does appear that our view on whether PG will actually take action is 'No'.

Those who know me from another forum, will know that PG said OC will be measured over 20 games this season. This was said before we played Burnley.

I guess therefore, the questions need to be :

1. Will PG re-assess this timescale anytime soon?
2. How many points off the playoffs is acceptable?
3. How many more games (between 10 and the stated 20) do you think PG will now wait?

I know I'm slightly changing your initial poll question, Natasha, but it is a relevant thread to bring in this change of direction.

16Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sat Oct 06 2012, 21:57

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just mentioned in another thread.

Gartside has stated for a promotional push he is looking at on average 2pts per game. We are currently standing on 1.1pts per game. To get back on track we now need 9 straight back to back wins. Is this possible under Coyle?

As RT says this is a results business and we are definitely lacking, and have been for almost 2 years. Would a manager in any other business have lasted this long? I somehow doubt it. Coyle needs to go and Gartside needsx to grow some balls - and to think he is actually a director of a few companies and still lets this happen!!!!

17Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sat Oct 06 2012, 22:02

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Unfortunately he will still be there hanging around like a bad smell.

Even when he goes I don't expect his replacement to be much better. What little money we had Coyle has mostly wasted on crap like Mears (who always play) or players like Sordell who never get selected.

18Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sat Oct 06 2012, 22:09

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

bwfc71 wrote:

As RT says this is a results business and we are definitely lacking, and have been for almost 2 years. Would a manager in any other business have lasted this long? I somehow doubt it. Coyle needs to go and Gartside needsx to grow some balls - and to think he is actually a director of a few companies and still lets this happen!!!!

Anyone can make a mistake. What is unforgivable is to keep making the same mistake. Coyle keeps picking the same team and the same tactics week after week despite clear evidence that it doesn't work, yet he changes nothing. We keep conceding too many goals and can now only score goals from set pieces. He has to go.

19Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sat Oct 06 2012, 22:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The bigget mistake is being made by Gartside. Is he so bloody stupid that he cannot see what everyone else can? If he can't then he's most definitely in the wrong job, but if he can, then what is stopping him from making what we all see as a straight forward decision?

20Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sun Oct 07 2012, 10:58

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think Coyle will get sacked either today or Monday. I think he'll probably end up on "gardening leave", like Megson did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum