Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you have Remi Matthews back?

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Would you have Remi Matthews back? Empty Would you have Remi Matthews back? Tue May 25 2021, 21:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Released by Sunderland.

I thought he was decent enough when he was with us and seemed to be content at being the understudy keeper at Sunderland since he left us.

Obviously it would all come down to money and if Evatt wanted him and Matthews didn't get any better offers but I still think Alexander is still not old enough to be relied upon (just think how Crellin's turn came too early for him) and I'd rather have a plan B than go another season relying on just one keeper.

What do you think?

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No, basically Sluffy. I never rated Matthews when he was here before so I’d be reluctant to have him back now. Even if Gillo stays No1 next season, it will be his last and I agree with you about Alexander not being ready and probably needing another year to reach understudy level, so for me it’s a permanent, young replacement for Gillo we need, not a stop gap. Rumours suggest Joel Dixon from Barrow could be an option and I’d rather see him come in as one for the future than have Matthews or Howard, or whoever back. We need to build for the future not just look backwards.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:No, basically Sluffy. I never rated Matthews when he was here before so I’d be reluctant to have him back now. Even if Gillo stays No1 next season, it will be his last and I agree with you about Alexander not being ready and probably needing another year to reach understudy level, so for me it’s a permanent, young replacement for Gillo we need, not a stop gap. Rumours suggest Joel Dixon from Barrow could be an option and I’d rather see him come in as one for the future than have Matthews or Howard, or whoever back. We need to build for the future not just look backwards.

Fair enough 63 but just for the record Matthews (10/4/94) is actually younger than Dixon (9/12/93)!

(He's also had more league experience than Dixon has too).

Just thought I'd mention it.

Very Happy

I can't see Matthews returning either but you never know because as Jimmy Greaves used to say...

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought he was a decent keeper so yes i would have him back.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I didn’t realise Remi was only 27 and was really just learning when he was here before. To be fair to him, I was probably considering just another of our problems at the time, which was probably unfair on him, so on that basis, I’d revise my opinion and say yes, I would have had him back. Sadly it isn’t going to happen so I wish him well warming the bench at Palace!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum