Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton seeking one more 'bit of quality' on transfer deadline day

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton seeking one more 'bit of quality' on transfer deadline day 12952602

Wanderers hope they can avoid a rush job on transfer deadline day as Ian Evatt looks to add at least one more signing to his squad.

The Bolton boss is confident he has lined up one deal – with at least one player set to depart the University of Bolton Stadium before the window closes at 11pm tonight.

There is also the added complication of a Papa John’s Trophy game against Port Vale but Evatt hopes transfer ins and outs will be completed by the time the game kicks off.

“I am hoping I won’t be too busy, to be honest,” he told The Bolton News. “I think we have got our ducks in a row, I think we know what it happening.

“It is just whether we can bring in the one bit of quality we have highlighted and we’re working really hard to do that. We’ll see.”

It is understood that Brandon Comley and Ali Crawford have been made available for transfer but Evatt knows things could change quickly on that front as the day unfolds.

“I think at the moment only one looks like they are definitely going out but obviously there are other players available and if clubs miss out on their targets and our players are second or third on those lists, you never know,” he added.

Evatt has brought in nine players so far this summer and says the club has recruited responsibly.

“We are happy with what we have got but if we can add one more bit of quality, we will,” he added. “I have had brilliant support all along from the board on that.

“We don’t do things by chance anymore. We limit risk where we can and try to take care of the pennies.

“We want to spend and live within our means so if it means balancing the books by letting one or two out, then fine.”

Wanderers look set to name a strong team against Port Vale, with Elias Kachunga set to start his first home game.

Though the Papa John's Trophy may be lower down the list of priorities, Evatt believes the Vale match arrives at a good time.

Frustration from the weekend’s defeat against Cambridge United was still etched on the manager’s face as he spoke to the local media in his pre-game press conference. “I am still grumpy because I don’t like losing,” he said. “I hate it, I despise it, it eats me up. And it was just the manner of the defeat, really, because it was a game we should never have lost.

“We controlled it with the ball from start to finish but didn’t do enough in the final third and a criminal thing by conceding a sloppy goal early on, which is everything we spoke about, and didn’t recover.

“I think the general performance warranted more but you don’t always get what you deserve, and Saturday was a frustration for everyone. But this game gives us a chance to put it to the back of our mind and try to put on a performance.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum