Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion

+4
Whitesince63
Norpig
karlypants
wanderlust
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Sun Sep 05 2021, 11:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Difficult to know what to expect from Burton. Started off the season with 3 wins including beating Sunderland but they then drew with Cheltenham and lost to Cambridge. However they've just loaned 3 young players from Premiership and Championship clubs and I don't know if they'll start.
We are without Sheehan so we may have that creativity issue again.
Absolutely no idea how it will go - but expect it will be another nerve wracking torture fest.
I'm guessing 1 - 1.

2Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Sun Sep 05 2021, 15:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Mon Sep 06 2021, 08:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think a draw as well, they will be up there come the end of the season i think so will be a tough game tonight.

4Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Mon Sep 06 2021, 11:01

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What a negative bunch you are, settling for a draw against a team more affected by injuries than we are. We can win this and so we should and I think we’ll do it comfortably so I’m going for 3-1 to the Wanderers. The players should be raring to go after losing at Cambridge and being in front of the TV cameras, especially Dapo who’ll want to prove what he can do and I expect him to score at least once.

5Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Mon Sep 06 2021, 12:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:What a negative bunch you are, settling for a draw against a team more affected by injuries than we are. We can win this and so we should and I think we’ll do it comfortably so I’m going for 3-1 to the Wanderers. The players should be raring to go after losing at Cambridge and being in front of the TV cameras, especially Dapo who’ll want to prove what he can do and I expect him to score at least once.
 If you've been a White since 63 then you are far too optimistic, you need to lower your expectations  Very Happy

6Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Mon Sep 06 2021, 14:17

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Now that could be very true Norpig but I can still remain hopeful 🤗🥴

7Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Mon Sep 06 2021, 19:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

8Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Mon Sep 06 2021, 19:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

9Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Mon Sep 06 2021, 21:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FT: 0-0

Attendance: 13,305.

10Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Mon Sep 06 2021, 22:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How in the actual fuck did that end 0-0? The most one sided 0-0 i've ever seen!

The ref wants shooting, a perfectly good goal ruled out and a blatant two handed push in the box missed as well!

11Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Mon Sep 06 2021, 22:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

12Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Mon Sep 06 2021, 23:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another game we could, and should, have won, in spite of some very poor officials.

Frustrating night all round.

13Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Tue Sep 07 2021, 11:51

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Should have won by 3 or 4 .....

We are too slow at getting the ball into their box IMO.......results in all our shots getting blocked because they have 10 behind the ball. When we put it in quickly we looked like scoring every time.

Well its disappointing result but can't complain about that showing..... onwards lads.

14Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Tue Sep 07 2021, 23:32

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Before the match I thought we'd win. Having seen the highlights I think we should have won but it was simply not our night. As to the officiating I did wonder if Burton had changed their name to Ipswich. Older Trotters will remember that night as I do which means we're all still trying to forget it but the trauma was too great. Sad

15Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Wed Sep 08 2021, 02:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:
We are too slow at getting the ball into their box IMO.......results in all our shots getting blocked because they have 10 behind the ball. When we put it in quickly we looked like scoring every time.
They had 5 or 6 big lads at the back who barely left their box for the whole game Terence - so crosses to relative midgets like Doyler and later Kachunga were not likely to succeed. To get into scoring positions against that lot required passes threaded through the eye of a needle and we don't have the quality to do that often enough, There was one that put Doyler through in the first half but apart from that very little.
Comms and pundits admired our "patient build up play" but I think in reality their block was so deep our midfield was looking for space that wasn't there so kept possession rather than risk it. Bakayoko may offer a solution to that problem when he's back.

16Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Wed Sep 08 2021, 11:46

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
They had 5 or 6 big lads at the back who barely left their box for the whole game Terence - so crosses to relative midgets like Doyler and later Kachunga were not likely to succeed. To get into scoring positions against that lot required passes threaded through the eye of a needle and we don't have the quality to do that often enough, There was one that put Doyler through in the first half but apart from that very little.
Comms and pundits admired our "patient build up play" but I think in reality their block was so deep our midfield was looking for space that wasn't there so kept possession rather than risk it. Bakayoko may offer a solution to that problem when he's back.
Yes but crossing it in does not necessarily mean high crosses - You have to move the ball in faster than the defenders can get back into position - Dapo and Isgrove are both guilty of trying to beat too many men instead of moving the ball. I believe we are only a few tweaks away from killing other teams in this division.

17Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Wed Sep 08 2021, 12:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:
Yes but crossing it in does not necessarily mean high crosses - You have to move the ball in faster than the defenders can get back into position - Dapo and Isgrove are both guilty of trying to beat too many men instead of moving the ball. I believe we are only a few tweaks away from killing other teams in this division.
Exactly but as mentioned we lack the quality to play those balls and find those spaces quickly enough when the defence is packed. Tweaks needed if we're going to crack this problem. Or sharper players.

18Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Burton Albion Wed Sep 08 2021, 16:54

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Agree on all that but instead of trying to thread the ball through, which as you say is really difficult to do, why don’t the players like Doyler, Sarce, Izzy and Dapo just run at the defenders, where they’re sure to get brought down at some point? We also have players like Sheehan and Delf who can run at defenders but we don’t seem to want to take opponents on inside the box. Let’s remember, not all those defending are defenders, many are forwards and not used to being run at and tackling properly. Burton had all eleven back most of the game so surely we can use that to our advantage?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum