Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town

+4
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Norpig
karlypants
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Fri Oct 01 2021, 08:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Oct 02 2021, 17:02; edited 2 times in total

2Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Fri Oct 01 2021, 08:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thought we were playing Shrewsbury?  Laughing

3Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Fri Oct 01 2021, 12:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shrewsbury fans forum mainly chatting about parking at the Unibol but a few interesting points made:

1. Bolton have only won 1 at home so far this season
2. last five games they have won one more than us, however they have scored 18 goals and we have score 7 ! they let in a few goals though as they nearly average 2 goals a game
3. Bit of a blast from the past looking at the Bolton Squad. Some ex town loanees from a long time ago in Gilks and Tutte, and Alex John Baptiste who feels like he has been playing in the football league for my entire life.
Captained by Antoni Sarcevic too - who seems to have done well everywhere apart from Shrewsbury. Can't recall what happened there - was it the oft quoted 'missing home' ?
Again, just like Wycombe the squad looks a million miles away from the Shrewsbury one. Strong, deep and expensively assembled bunch.

Point 1: true
Point 2: also true
Point 3. "expensively assembled"???

FWIW I guess we'll win this one Smile

4Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Fri Oct 01 2021, 13:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Thought we were playing Shrewsbury?  Laughing

Whoops! Very Happy

5Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Fri Oct 01 2021, 13:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not easy to type and give a hand job at the same time.

6Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Fri Oct 01 2021, 13:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's not easy to type and give a hand job at the same time.
Speaking from experience i take it?

7Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Fri Oct 01 2021, 13:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd need hands the size of shovels to give Eric a hand job.

8Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Fri Oct 01 2021, 13:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol!

9Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Sat Oct 02 2021, 14:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

10Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Sat Oct 02 2021, 14:39

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I’d personally have had Gilks on the bench for either Delf or Izzy but obviously IE is happy with that risk.

11Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Sat Oct 02 2021, 14:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

12Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Sat Oct 02 2021, 15:49

Bolton Nuts

Admin

First half videos

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

13Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Sat Oct 02 2021, 18:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

14Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Sat Oct 02 2021, 19:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Enjoyed the game. We were decent first half, not so decent second half. Defence was solid, Santos MotM, but when are our strikers going to score again?

Regarding the penalty, I've been saying for years if keepers just stood in the middle of the goal and waited for the chip/shot down the middle they'd save far more than choosing a side to dive to.

And it seems Evans has started this no goalkeeper on the bench nonsense again. With 7 subs why take a risk? Foolish.

15Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Sat Oct 02 2021, 19:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Maybe I'm giving our keeper a bit more credit than he deserves but if I were taking that penalty I would have hit it exactly in the same place that he did!

Just before the kick, Dixon was springing about, left and right, up and down, so I would have thought he would definitely commit one way or the other, so if I just gently slot it in the middle of the goal I would score!

If Dixon did intend to get that result then he fooled me as well as the penalty taker!

Fair play to him if he outfoxed us but maybe there was no intent and the penalty taker and I just made it easy for him to save!

Very Happy

16Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Sat Oct 02 2021, 19:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Maybe I'm giving our keeper a bit more credit than he deserves but if I were taking that penalty I would have hit it exactly in the same place that he did!

Just before the kick, Dixon was springing about, left and right, up and down, so I would have thought he would definitely commit one way or the other, so if I just gently slot it in the middle of the goal I would score!

If Dixon did intend to get that result then he fooled me as well as the penalty taker!

Fair play to him if he outfoxed us but maybe there was no intent and the penalty taker and I just made it easy for him to save!

Very Happy

I'm not saying it was planned, perhaps it was a fluke, but you see so many penalties go down the middle I'd just stand there and wait to catch it.

17Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Sat Oct 02 2021, 19:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This division is tight and today showed that every team can put up a fight.
Doncaster won.
Portsmouth 4 Sunderland 0 FFS!
Oxford did us a favour by scoring in the 93rd minute.
And then there was Shrews comeback, albeit assisted by an appallling decision by the ref to overrule the linesman's offside flag, book Santos and give them the FK right on the edge of our box from which they scored.
Squeaky at the end but we hung on.
Thought Baka was a proper handful and after Doyler had run himself into the ground chasing all over the park, Baka gave us an out ball when we were under pressure. He doesn't start because he's a proper target man and Evatt likes us to keep possession and pass it sideways for an eternity - but Baka offers an alternative. If we ever need a goal in the last 5 minutes I'd like to see Doyler playing off him. I remain unimpressed with Kacha.

18Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Sat Oct 02 2021, 20:38

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Two individual pieces of brilliance for the goals......otherwise barely any chances created again. That's my concern with the way we are playing right now. Stats at half time said zero clear cut chances.....don't know what the count was at the end. This is why Doyle is not scoring in my mind. 
Still overall we look to be a decent team - lucky for three points today IMO though.
Agree with "Wanderlust" above - not sure about Kacha - seems a little lightweight but has some decent touches in him.

19Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Sat Oct 02 2021, 22:57

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Interesting comments here guys. 
To say we are lucky to get three points seems harsh as it's still better than we have played in years, even if not quite as fluid as in recent matches.

Kacha is one of those players who I always want to see impress me, but so far has not done much. I actually think the high quality of the rest of the team is carrying him. He also pulls out of so many tackles.
Baka looks fast and dangerous. Would be good to see more of him, he makes a lot of runs early, so it would be nice if we moved the ball forward quicker once or twice to take advantage of him. I love the possession stuff but when a team is expecting it and they start to press high, we should exploit the opportunity.

Goalkeeper should always stay in the middle. Percentage wise they will save more. Simple as that. 
They will almost certainly save any that go in the middle. But they will also have time to react to any poorly struck attempts to either side.

20Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town  Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Town Sat Oct 02 2021, 23:02

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I would also point out that strangely. I would also shoot down the middle. Only 2 to 3 percent of goalkeepers choose to not dive.  So that means, whichever way you shoot there is a 49% chance the keeper will dive the right way if you aim for the corner. 

Goalkeeper should always stay in the middle. Percentage wise they will save more. Simple as that. 
They will almost certainly save any that go in the middle. But they will also have time to react to any poorly struck attempts to either side.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum