Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I feel old!

+6
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
Norpig
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I feel old! Empty I feel old! Mon Nov 01 2021, 15:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm 50 on Sunday and i have to say i'm not looking forward to it! I know people say age is just a number but 50 sounds old to me. I feel more or less the same as i did in my mid 20's mentally but my (fat) body is starting to let me down now. I played footy last Monday for the first time since Covid and was completely knacker after 20 minutes!

I know quite a few of the regulars on here are older than that so how did you feel when you hit a big birthday like 50 or even 60?

I'm off to the lakes at the weekend so i will deaden the pain with massive amounts of alcohol so i won't be around to say thanks on my (nudge nudge) birthday thread

2I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Mon Nov 01 2021, 16:20

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The bastards forgot my birthday.

TWATS.

3I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Mon Nov 01 2021, 16:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:The bastards forgot my birthday.

TWATS.
Not bitter then i see  Laughing

4I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Mon Nov 01 2021, 16:45

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Oh to be 50 and have the strength and energy I had then.

We were big theatre goers then, Blackpool, Manchester, Liverpool, Llandudno for Welsh Opera and trips to London for the West End.  Driving down to Kent for the tunnel to France and beyond.  Two weeks ago I sold the last car I will drive.  It was a lovely old Merceces C class Estate with only 52,000 miles on the clock.  I have reached the point were I can't transfer from my wheelchair to the car and then be able to transfer out of it,  to my chair again . 55 years of dependance on my arms and shoulders for everything I do , has knackered me.   I'm now dependant on a taxi that allows me to stay in my wheelchair to go anywhere.  The worst bit is that my wife and I can't just get in the car and go for a run in the Trough of Bowland for a pub lunch or anywhere else we fancy.  My wife has a Fiat 500  for her to use for any local shopping jobs etc.

I don't know why I let all that pour out, I wasn't trying to make you feel bad.   I think i just needed to get the frustration of it out of my system a bit.

Make sure you enjoy everyone of the next 10 years before you hit 60.

70 is really scary though.

It's all downhill until 80 if you are lucky.

Hope you have a great time in the Lake District.

5I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Mon Nov 01 2021, 16:48

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The clock is ticking.................

6I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Mon Nov 01 2021, 16:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still read the Beano. I refuse to get old.

7I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Mon Nov 01 2021, 17:01

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I still read the Beano. I refuse to get old.
Says the man in the corduroy slippers and custard smeared waistcoat.

8I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Mon Nov 01 2021, 17:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
Says the man in the corduroy slippers and custard smeared waistcoat.
I've never worn corduroy slippers!

I do wear a waistcoat now and again, but the stains are mainly Lucozade.

9I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Mon Nov 01 2021, 18:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes Norpig, 50 years of age is old in my eyes. Very Happy

10I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Mon Nov 01 2021, 20:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I'm 50 on Sunday and i have to say i'm not looking forward to it! I know people say age is just a number but 50 sounds old to me. I feel more or less the same as i did in my mid 20's mentally but my (fat) body is starting to let me down now. I played footy last Monday for the first time since Covid and was completely knacker after 20 minutes!

You massive 50 year old fanny. I have been 32 for many years now and have enjoyed every passing year. I still look 25. It's the Pepsi & Twirl diet that does it.

11I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Tue Nov 02 2021, 13:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jaysus! 50 is but a distant memory.
Stop whingeing and get on with it man!

12I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Tue Nov 02 2021, 14:31

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If you’re still playing footy at 50 you’ve done better than I did. I had to stop soon after 40 because I simply couldn’t do the running that was necessary. I’d look at the space I should be in but found myself still stood in the same place as when I passed the ball.

Have a great birthday weekend and don’t fall in any lakes. That’s Bonce’s job!

13I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Tue Nov 02 2021, 14:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:If you’re still playing footy at 50 you’ve done better than I did. I had to stop soon after 40 because I simply couldn’t do the running that was necessary. I’d look at the space I should be in but found myself still stood in the same place as when I passed the ball.

Thanks Fin, i may fall over but that will be from too much alcohol. I don't think there will be much walking or sight seeing being done just moving from pub to pub

I feel old! 200.gif?cid=a87a70e62vnseq2j3fo507vvd65pwb3zcnruio17xf9wk24g&rid=200

14I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Tue Nov 02 2021, 17:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had a rather depressing chat with my brother the other day, along the lines of, how much time do you think you've got left?
Ten years? Twenty? And how many of them will be spent in reasonably good health?
I concluded that I'd certainly outlive him, if only on the basis that I'd probably murder him, plans for which have been ongoing since 1958.

15I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Tue Nov 02 2021, 17:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:If you’re still playing footy at 50 you’ve done better than I did. I had to stop soon after 40 because I simply couldn’t do the running that was necessary. I’d look at the space I should be in but found myself still stood in the same place as when I passed the ball.

Thanks Fin, i may fall over but that will be from too much alcohol. I don't think there will be much walking or sight seeing being done just moving from pub to pub

I feel old! 200.gif?cid=a87a70e62vnseq2j3fo507vvd65pwb3zcnruio17xf9wk24g&rid=200

Sounds like when we went to Penrith for the weekend. Very Happy

16I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Tue Nov 02 2021, 18:25

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

50!! Crikey and you think that’s old Norpig. I’ll be 70 (hopefully) in January and apart from a bit of sciatica, I’m absolutely fine. I suppose I’ve been lucky, never had any illness, never take tablets, rarely seen a doctor and mentally don’t feel any different than I always did. Obviously I can’t do many of the things I used to, but I still run and play with the grandkids and my reflexes are just as good as ever. They say you’re only as old as you feel and thankfully I feel fine so I’m sure you’ve a long way to go yet Norpig. Just always find something to look forward to, never look back and don’t lose a minutes sleep worrying over things you can’t effect. Have a great day Sunday and let’s hope a certain team in white don’t spoil it!! 🥳😉

17I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Wed Nov 03 2021, 01:50

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hitting 50 and 60 are just distant memories Norpig. At 66 I'm beginning to feel as old as I actually am. 
You're a mere slip of a lad at 50 mate. Enjoy it while you can Norpig lad and have a great day on Sunday.

18I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Wed Nov 03 2021, 10:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Had a rather depressing chat with my brother the other day, along the lines of, how much time do you think you've got left?
Ten years? Twenty? And how many of them will be spent in reasonably good health?
I concluded that I'd certainly outlive him, if only on the basis that I'd probably murder him, plans for which have been ongoing since 1958.
My son - the schizo one - called me the other day and said "when you die you're going to leave me some money, right? Well just give it to me now instead!"
Ignoring the fact that he was rude, aggressive and wouldn't tell me what he needed money for, I ended up thinking about exactly the same issue as you, except it was how long will I have to eke out my money for and will I incur increased costs if I get seriously ill or infirm?
Absolutely impossible to work out logically so I gave up and decided to go and spend some of it at the pub.

19I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Wed Nov 03 2021, 11:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
My son - the schizo one - called me the other day and said "when you die you're going to leave me some money, right? Well just give it to me now instead!"
Ignoring the fact that he was rude, aggressive and wouldn't tell me what he needed money for, I ended up thinking about exactly the same issue as you, except it was how long will I have to eke out my money for and will I incur increased costs if I get seriously ill or infirm?
Absolutely impossible to work out logically so I gave up and decided to go and spend some of it at the pub.
I had a similar conversation regarding my football memorabilia. They can't wait to get rid of it, and have been eager to know where the real value lies. I've a good mind to donate the lot to some charity and have done with it.
My mum, 91, never seems to think about death at all. All her ducks are in a row, and she's enjoying the life she has. She always tells me to plan for the next day. The future takes care of itself.

20I feel old! Empty Re: I feel old! Wed Nov 03 2021, 12:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
I had a similar conversation regarding my football memorabilia. They can't wait to get rid of it, and have been eager to know where the real value lies. I've a good mind to donate the lot to some charity and have done with it.
My mum, 91, never seems to think about death at all. All her ducks are in a row, and she's enjoying the life she has. She always tells me to plan for the next day. The future takes care of itself.
If most of it is BWFC related then the club may want to take your vast archive Boncey.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum