Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Match of the Day pundits praise Bolton's Dapo Afolayan after Stockport draw

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Match of the Day pundits praise Bolton's Dapo Afolayan after Stockport draw 13181076

Match of the Day pundits Leon Osman and Nedum Onouha had high praise for Dapo Afolayan following Wanderers' draw with Stockport County in the FA Cup.

Ian Evatt’s men were held to a 2-2 draw at the UniBol despite first-half goals from Eoin Doyle and Elias Kachunga.

Afolayan has made a strong start to the season and produced another dazzling display against the Hatters.

Former Everton midfielder Osman praised the forward and singled him out as a player to keep an eye on.

“I thought that Dapo Afolayan for Bolton was involved in everything good that they did,” he said.

“He had a little bit of everything about his game – he could take the ball, he could drop his shoulder.

“The pass (in the build-up to Doyle’s goal) was certainly the pass of the game, to thread that through to create the goal for his team.

“To then follow that up, to be involved in the second goal. He took the ball in tight places, he could twist and turn. He had a bit of everything.”

Ex-Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha was also impressed with Afolayan’s performance.

He says the forward reminds him of Crystal Palace winger Eberechi Eze, who he played with at Queens Park Rangers.

“He reminds me of Eze, from the way he rolls, the fact he can take the ball under pressure, he’s sucking people in, little drops of the shoulder,” added Onuoha.

“He’s got the athleticism and that drive to just take the ball and just try and make a difference. That’s who I’m thinking of when I see him.”

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wish they hadn't for obvious reasons.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum