Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evatt calls on Wanderers' players to 'recharge' ahead of busy December

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt calls on Wanderers' players to 'recharge' ahead of busy December 13258824

Ian Evatt has warned his Wanderers to rest up over the next couple of days… They will need it!

After Tuesday night’s win against Fleetwood Town in the Papa John’s Trophy the threadbare squad came back into Lostock yesterday for a recovery session but will now be given two days off to recuperate for a busy December schedule.

Players are due back on the training ground on Saturday, with Evatt vowing to use the weekend wisely and instil some new tactical work into his players.

“It is absolutely huge that we get ourselves recharged now,” said the Wanderers boss.

“Thursday and Friday the players will be given some time away from the club to refresh their minds and refresh their bodies.

“And on Saturday it will be back to hard work preparing for the Fleetwood game on the Tuesday.

“We have got a lot of work to be done on different systems, whether that is 4-3-3, 3-4-3, there is a lot of detail that we need to give to the players over this few days – better pictures, better options, a better defensive structure.

“I know we are down to bare bones but the lads who are available know there is a lot of hard work to come. We have six big games left before the end of the year when we can get some more bodies in the building or players back from injury.”

Evatt is particularly looking forward to working with his two wide players – Dapo Afolayan and Xavier Amaechi – to improve their effectiveness in a 3-4-3, which with the likes of Gethin Jones, Harry Brockbank and Lloyd Isgrove unavailable, seems the most likely starting system for the time being.

“They need work – I am excited by the idea of them playing together but they need more time,” he added.

Evatt does not expect any players to return from injury during the short break but a recall on Adam Senior’s loan at York City should make him available for the squad at Accrington on December 11.

Evatt reported that George Thomason should be fine after looking in some discomfort in the second half against Fleetwood. And Ricardo Santos is also expected to recover quickly from a minor injury which meant he could play no part of Tuesday night.

“George got a hefty knock – I think he’s OK, well, I hope he’s OK,” Evatt said.

“Rico had a bit of a tight groin but I was never going to risk him in this game anyway, it is not a big deal or a major issue. He will be fine.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum