Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Best footballing team in the league' - Ian Evatt on Sunderland

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Best footballing team in the league' - Ian Evatt on Sunderland 13418621

Wanderers boss Ian Evatt has called Sunderland “the best footballing team” in League One ahead of Saturday’s clash at the UniBol.

Lee Johnson’s men sit second in the league table, having won 16 of their 28 matches so far this season.

Evatt is expecting a tough test against the Black Cats but is hopeful his side can build on their recent wins against Ipswich and Shrewsbury.

“Obviously, we’re pleased with the last couple of results. We know we’re trying to rekindle our season a little bit,” said the Bolton boss.

“There’s lots of hard work to be done and I think there’s loads more improvement to come.

“If you look at both teams we beat, they’re two excellent wins, especially away from home – getting that monkey off our back – and beating Ipswich who are in red-hot form.

“Sunderland, for me, are the best footballing team in the league. I think it will be a good challenge. I think it’s going to be a really good game.

“Of the teams at the top, they’re the team I like the most – the way the play. I’m looking forward to a technical and tactical battle.

“We have to make sure we’re at the top of our game because they’re a very good team.”

The Whites suffered a narrow 1-0 defeat when the sides met earlier this season despite a spirited performance at the Stadium of Light.

“We’ve had so many moral victories this season that I’m sick of talking about them. I’ll take the three points in any way they’ll come at the moment,” Evatt added.

“As a self-confessed football snob I’d like us to win the right way, but beggars can’t be choosers and we need the points so we’ll try our best to win in any way, shape or form.”

Evatt admits a lot has changed since that day but is confident his side are heading in the right direction.

“That Bolton team was fully fit, full of confidence and raring to go,” he said.

“We’ve changed a lot since then, a lot has happened since then. Was that this season? Wow!

“But yeah, we know we are regrouping and coming again and finding some form again. We know there is improvement to come, we know the squad has improved.

“But they are a really good team and this is going to be as tough as it gets. I really like the way they play, very experience and likeable manager, a big crowd coming to watch.

“It’s tough but these sort of games, I don’t fear for us really. It’s these types of games where we usually play our best football – Wigan apart.

“I’m hopeful we can do that this weekend.”

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't Evatt say WE are the best team in the league?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum