Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'A much better place' - Ian Evatt on Wanderers' recent progress

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'A much better place' - Ian Evatt on Wanderers' recent progress 13424618

Ian Evatt feels Wanderers have come a long way in a short space of time thanks to their business in the January transfer window.

The Whites brought in seven fresh faces after getting a deal for Kyle Dempsey over the line in the final stages of deadline day.

Evatt’s men have won their last four matches without conceding a single goal, and the Bolton boss is thrilled with their recent performances.

“Everyone wants to continue runs but unfortunately every run has to come to an end sooner rather than later,” said the Bolton boss.

“But for now, we’re focused on trying to carry it on as long as we possibly can and if keep keeping clean sheets, it gives us a really good chance of winning games.

“So keep defending well as a team, keep that intensity and energy levels up and high. That comes down to freshness and team rotation.

“But we’re in a much better place than we were a month ago. A week in football’s a long time and I think we’ve highlighted that more than most this season really and this window.”

Evatt insists the new arrivals have lifted the squad but insists there is still lots of work ahead as the Whites aim to keep climbing the League One table.

“I think confidence comes off the back of positive results,” he added. “I think obviously the players and the existing players seeing new players turn up into the building with the ability that they’ve got and then the training levels go up.

“In turn, that raises and lifts everybody and raises their own performance. I think that’s happened. I think returning players, such as Gethin has had a huge impact on the team.

“It’s a mixture of all of the above really. We’re pleased with where we are at but for us and Bolton Wanderers and where I want to take this club, mid-table isn’t enough. It’s not.

“We don’t want to be mid-table. We want to keep working hard and finish as high as we possibly can. There’s still a lot of points to play for.”

Wanderers have scored 11 goals in their last four matches and Evatt is delighted they have been able to entertain the fans.

“We’re a team that I think now people are seeing what we’re trying to do. We’ve recruited energy and speed into the team,” he said.

“We’re a team that gets fans on the edge of their seats and that’s what we want to be. We want to be entertaining and I think with the atmosphere in the last couple of home games in particular, our fans are enjoying watching us play. That’s what’s important.

“They work very hard to earn money to come and watch us play and buy merchandise from this football club. The least we can do is do our best to entertain them and that’s what we’re trying to do.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum