Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kieran Sadlier can be effective in variety of roles, says Ian Evatt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kieran Sadlier can be effective in variety of roles, says Ian Evatt 13488683

Ian Evatt insists Kieran Sadlier’s versatility played a major role in Wanderers’ decision to bring him to the UniBol.

The former Rotherham man played as a wing-back in Tuesday night’s win against Lincoln after Declan John was forced off with a back spasm.

Evatt was delighted with Sadlier’s performance against the Imps and insists he can be effective in a variety of roles for the Whites.

“Kieran can do that. He can play left wing-back, right wing-back, number 10 and number nine in this system, and in the other system he can play wide forward, nine, 10, possibly eight if needs be,” said the Bolton boss.

“That was one of the reasons why we wanted him so much because we knew he could give us that flexibility and he came on and did a great job. He did exactly what we wanted him to do.

“First half, I thought our wing-backs were a little bit safe with their movements and the first real sign of fatigue from them both I think.

“Second half, Kieran came on and changed that dynamic, as did Kyle (Dempsey) and Amadou (Bakayoko), so we’ve got some firepower off the bench now and it might be the bench that wins us games.

“We have to make sure we’re in games and giving ourselves a chance and at the moment we’re doing that.”

Evatt already has a team in mind for Saturday’s trip to MK Dons but admits they may have to adapt to the conditions.

He added: “I don’t think the pitch is as good as what we’d like it to be, or them to be honest because they’re a really attractive football team as well.

“I think it’s going to be a hindrance to both teams but what I will say is that I think we’ve got the weapons to be able to cope with it, probably better than they have, so we will have a look at it.

“I’ve already got a team in my head, I’ve had it in my head for this game for two weeks. It hasn’t really changed apart from Kieran Lee really, but other than that I know what we’re going to need to do.

“I know the game plan, it’s just how well we execute that. We’ve got to prepare the players as best we can and hope they execute on Saturday.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum