Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's fight or flight for Fossey in League One play-off chase

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's fight or flight for Fossey in League One play-off chase 13551669

Marlon Fossey is getting ready to roll up his sleeves for a play-off scrap.

At the weekend Wanderers’ man-of-the-moment improved an impressive tally, which now reads five assists and one goal since he joined on loan from Fulham.

Now he is looking for another haul in tomorrow night’s must-win home game against Morecambe at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Fossey has been a smash hit since making his debut in the unglamorous surroundings of Hartlepool in January and would love to see out the season by helping Ian Evatt’s side into the League One play-offs.

But a glance at the fixture list shows that every one of the 10 remaining games could have something riding on it, starting with the struggling Shrimps, who are looking to escape the clutches of the bottom three.

“Looking at all our games coming up they are either against a team looking to get into the play-offs, like us, or a team that is struggling and trying to survive,” Fossey said.

“We see every opponent as fighting for something and we’re no different.”

Saturday saw Bolton clear a big hurdle in Gillingham, the type of unfancied side which has been able to put the Whites off their rhythm too often this term.

Fossey was delighted with the performance.

“Yeah I’m happy,” he said. “Gillingham, with all due respect to them, they have sort of been our bogey team. Direct team, not the most glamorous of pitches, so I think we did well to show ourselves that we can dominate those sorts of teams. We stuck to our style of play, we didn’t get caught in the trap of playing direct like them. Yeah, it was a convincing win.

“I think having a week leading up to the game made a big difference. The fluidity and some of the play was there on show. Just having that week to go through those patterns of play and set-pieces, I think we sort of eradicated any threat they had but at the same time showed what we can do. It was dominant from us.

“In February we had barely any sessions. It was sometimes optional for the starters to go out and kick your legs around. The week leading up to Gillingham has been the first proper sessions in a while, so it was nice.”

For the visit of Morecambe, Fossey is also keen to see Wanderers play in the same positive style they did at Priestfield.

“Morecambe will be similar to Gillingham, a more direct approach, so we will just have to do what we did Saturday and play our kind of football, our quality will show,” he said.

“We are used to playing this brand of football so it makes no sense to try and start playing more direct, especially against more direct teams. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

“We have a team full of quality and that will show.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum