Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Morecambe limited Wanderers to 'very few opportunities', says Derek Adams

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Morecambe limited Wanderers to 'very few opportunities', says Derek Adams  13556595

Derek Adams insists Morecambe “deserved the three points” following their 1-1 draw with Wanderers at the UniBol.

The Shrimps appeared to be on the verge of victory after Cole Stockton’s opener on the verge of half time.

But substitute Jon Dadi Bodvarsson struck a dramatic late equaliser to rescue a point for the Whites.

Adams felt they limited Wanderers to “very few opportunities” and should have scored more at the other end.

“We deserved the three points, there’s no doubt about it,” said the Morecambe chief. “We were the team who created the best opportunities in the game.

“I think Cars (Trevor Carson) has made one save on the night. The performance was excellent, we played well and created some really good openings.

“It was a strong performance from the whole team – defensively we limited Bolton to very few opportunities and we created some really big moments in the game.

“The goal Cole Stockton got was from our press and the defenders as well showed really good shape. We should have gone 2-0 up, we had a number of chances.”

The Shrimps had appeals for a penalty turned down in the second half after Dylan Connolly went down under Ricardo Santos’ challenge.

Adams called the incident “a really bad challenge” and insists his side should have had a spot-kick.

He added: “We’ve had a stonewall penalty kick not given at 1-0. I think the referee has to see that it is a penalty.

“I don’t know if they thought they had to send the player off because he was sliding in. It’s a really bad challenge from their player.

“Connolly is in full momentum, takes the ball past him and gets wiped out. I don’t understand why the penalty hasn’t been given.

“A lot of decisions didn’t go for us tonight, I thought that Bolton got a lot of decisions going their way for whatever reason.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Deluded bellend, how he didn't get sent off last night is anyone's guess, They even had the physio wasting time in the second half by "forgetting" he had left his bag and towel on the pitch.

They were battered for most of the game and we gifted them their goal so how do they deserve 3 points?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Deluded bellend, how he didn't get sent off last night is anyone's guess, They even had the physio wasting time in the second half by "forgetting" he had left his bag and towel on the pitch.

They were battered for most of the game and we gifted them their goal so how do they deserve 3 points?

It was ex-Wanderer Simon Farnworth apparently!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

They rendered our attack impotent and were denied a stonewall pen so he has a point.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Deluded bellend, how he didn't get sent off last night is anyone's guess, They even had the physio wasting time in the second half by "forgetting" he had left his bag and towel on the pitch.

Cupped his ear to the West Stand when they scored, the little git.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum