Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt vows to go "on the attack" against Plymouth in crunch UniBol clash

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt vows to go "on the attack" against Plymouth in crunch UniBol clash 13563849

Tension may be building and their play-off hopes hanging by a thread – but Wanderers will still be sent out against Plymouth Argyle tomorrow with a brief to attack.

Ian Evatt says his team will still entertain at the University of Bolton Stadium despite knowing anything but a win against the high-flying Pilgrims is likely to rule them out of the race for a top six spot.

Elias Kachunga is back in contention for a starting spot after missing the last 14 games with a torn thigh and Dapo Afolayan has also been given the all-clear after reporting a sore groin earlier this week.

Though he refused to bill the game “win or bust” Evatt recognises the importance a victory could have against a side five places and seven points above them in the table.

“I have been around too long in football to ever write anything off but it is a very big game, there’s no getting around it,” he told The Bolton News.

“It is big for both teams but we need to concentrate on ourselves, performing to our levels and when we do, as you have seen, we are a match for anyone around.

“Our margin for error is a lot smaller than theirs, we’re under no illusion there, but we want to attack the game, try to win, and move to the next one.

“We all want it to happen this season and get into the play-offs but we cannot be too downbeat if that isn’t what ends up happening.

“As a newly-promoted team we have given ourselves a platform to build on and if it isn’t now, then next season we’ll be in a great position to push for that top spot and get promoted.

“We want to do it this year, we’ll do our best to do it this year, but there are no guarantees with some of the poor runs we have had.”

Wanderers were frustrated by Morecambe in midweek, enjoying a mammoth 80 per cent possession and peppering the opposition goal with more than 20 shots, but only securing a point with an injury time goal from Jon Dadi Bodvarsson.

Evatt expects a much more open contest on Saturday and is set to name an attacking line-up in an effort to keep their play-off dream alive.

“I don’t really want to comment on what Plymouth will do but I am pretty sure they won’t come and try to park the bus like the last two sides have done,” he said.

“They will back themselves and they should do, they are great, I have seen a lot of their games and they do a lot of things well.

“I just hope it is a good game for all and we come out the right side of it.

“We will give it everything we have got, and I’m sure our fans will do exactly the same.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum