Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt backs Jon Dadi Bodvarsson to 'show what he is about'

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt backs Jon Dadi Bodvarsson to 'show what he is about' 13564735

Ian Evatt has backed Iceland international Jon Dadi Bodvarsson to become a long-term success at Wanderers.

The forward scored a dramatic late equaliser against Morecambe on Tuesday night – his third goal since joining the Whites in the January transfer window.

Bodvarsson had to be patient in the early stages of his Bolton career due to a lack of game time this season but is now beginning to flourish in Wanderers’ system.

Ian Evatt says the former Millwall man is loving life with the Whites and insists building a positive environment will pay off with results on the pitch.

“I think one thing we have worked really hard on behind the scenes, starting with Sharon (Brittan) and down to me and the staff, is creating a really good environment,” said the Bolton boss.

“People feel comfortable and wanted. They feel like they are improving and no matter what age you are, if you bring people into that environment they thrive.

“Jon has really enjoyed it. We have probably been over-cautious with him but for the right reasons, and now he is ready to kick on for the remaining nine games to show what he is about.

“I think he will turn out to be a really good signing for this football club.”

Bodvarsson was one of seven new signings to arrive at the UniBol during the January window and Evatt is delighted with how they have all settled in.

The Bolton boss admits he hasn’t always been happy with the environment at times this season but is thrilled with where the squad is at now.

He added: “Whether you like the way we play or not, what it does give us is something to recruit to – a brand, an identity.

“All the hard work that goes on behind the scenes - Chris (Markham), the rest of the recruitment analysts and myself nailing down shortlists and identifying individual targets – we kind of already know that they are going to suit the way we play because we’ve done all the due diligence.

“Then it’s about how quickly they fit into the environment, and one thing this season that we’ve done in spite of some pain and difficulty is sort out the changing room and the environment we’re working in.

“It’s a great environment now so these new players are made to feel really welcome. Everything is thriving whether you are in or out of the team, and long may it continue.

“You’re going to get some wrong, you’re not going to get everyone right but they’ve all settled in really well.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shame he didn't back him on Tuesday night.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree, he deserved to start after scoring in the previous game and must start tomorrow surely?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum