Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth

+6
Sluffy
Ten Bobsworth
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Norpig
karlypants
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Thu Mar 17 2022, 12:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers’ scheduled home League One game against Portsmouth on Saturday, 26 March has been postponed due to international call-ups on both sides.

The match at the University of Bolton Stadium has been re-arranged for Tuesday, 5 April (KO 8pm).

Tickets purchased for the original date will be valid for the re-arranged fixture.

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Apr 05 2022, 21:56; edited 4 times in total

2Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Thu Mar 17 2022, 13:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another Tuesday game i can't get to  Crying or Very sad

3Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Thu Mar 17 2022, 13:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Another Tuesday game i can't get to  Crying or Very sad
...and another Saturday without the Wanderers  Sad

Do NOT tell the missus as I can't risk being dragged out shopping.

4Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Tue Apr 05 2022, 01:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In our bid to add even more respectability to our first season back in League 1, Portsmouth are a team we should be targeting to catch - although they sit one place above us on goal difference and have two games in hand.
When we played them back in October during our losing streak it was a close match but they beat us with a skilful John Marquis goal - but they've changed since then and so have we.
Their last few matches have been tough - Plymouth, Ipswich and Wycombe - the last game being nearly 3 weeks ago so they've had plenty of time to rest and recuperate.
They're a decent team who usually play a similar system to us - but we should win this one.
Looking forward to a great performance and a morale-boosting 3 nil win Smile

5Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Tue Apr 05 2022, 10:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I suspect it'll be another going-through-the-motions performance. We might manage a draw or be on the wrong side of a narrow defeat. Either way, Charles needs a goal because it seems like yonks since he last hit the net.

Football is rubbish when you have nothing to play for.

6Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Tue Apr 05 2022, 10:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Football is rubbish when you have nothing to play for.

Shit fan Smile

7Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Tue Apr 05 2022, 11:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm a real shit fan, not going tonight and not even sure if i can be arsed paying for ifollow.

8Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Tue Apr 05 2022, 11:49

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No COVID excuses from Pompey. Portsmouth Community Football Club Ltd filed their 2021 accounts on time.

Proper English football club, Portsmouth, with a proud heritage and tradition and erm... an American billionaire owner. Micheal Eisner is the former CEO of Disney.

That's all folks.

9Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Tue Apr 05 2022, 11:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are Pompey still run by a Supporters Trust or did that end when Eisner took over?

I remember their ST coming up for a meeting at the stadium when the Bolton one was looking to get started/

10Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Tue Apr 05 2022, 12:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Are Pompey still run by a Supporters Trust or did that end when Eisner took over?

I remember their ST coming up for a meeting at the stadium when the Bolton one was looking to get started/

The people who own any club, business or company are the people who own the shares in it.

Their ST 'sold' - I say sold because I've not looked into exactly what went on in the transaction - the ST is a not for profit company so the 'share holders' of the Portsmouth ST could not gain from their ownership and there seem to be both the ST and about a dozen individuals all shown to be shareholders at the time of the 'sale' to Eisner (or more correctly the company he founded The Tornante Co. Ltd.)

It appears though that something called a 'Heritage' share was created at the time of the sale and is held by Pompey Heritage Share Holdco Ltd.

It seems that if Portsmouth is sold then this company would receive a share of the money from the net profits of the sale AFTER the first £999,000,000 has been paid. (which I assume is owned by the Portsmouth ST (although I haven't checked to make sure).

I doubt anyone will be buying Pompey for in excess of £1bn any time soon.

So in summary, yes their ST no longer own Portsmouth which is now owned by Eisner (The Tornante Co. Ltd)

11Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Tue Apr 05 2022, 13:05

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thanks for the research, Sluffy. It sounds bob-on from my quick look.

I see that Eisner put in another £5million last November. Its not a cheap hobby owning a football club even at League1 level.

I wonder if Eisner ever looked at buying BWFC. If he didn't, he could see what he 'could have won' if he's at the Reebok tonight.

12Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Tue Apr 05 2022, 15:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

13Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Tue Apr 05 2022, 15:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As if by magic....Smile

14Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Tue Apr 05 2022, 19:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

15Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Tue Apr 05 2022, 19:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks good. Both teams going 3412 or similar.
Can't wait Smile

16Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Tue Apr 05 2022, 19:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

17Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Tue Apr 05 2022, 22:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

18Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Wed Apr 06 2022, 00:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm no expert on offside these days since the rules were changed but is the rule something to do with players NOT being offside UNTIL they play the ball (assuming they are not interfering with play or whatever the definition is).

In the old days at least three Portsmouth players are clearly offside when the ball is kicked but non of them play the ball until AFTER the Bolton defender touches it - and in doing so plays one of the 'offside' players 'onside' (and in doing so the other 'offside' players too) who goes on to play a big part in the build up to the goal.

If so then the goal should stand.

19Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Wed Apr 06 2022, 01:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was a familiar story.

Unable to to defend at times and several scary moments with the ball bouncing around near our goal before they eventually scored just after half time. We threw caution to the wind AFTER we'd conceded and although we pressed them back we really didn't look like scoring from open play.

Key points for me were:

* some poor passing and miscontrols when in possession led us to giving the ball away unnecessarily far too often. Morley was awful first half especially and there were others. Movement was OK but it's wasted when the pass is crap or it's miscontrolled when it arrives. We need quality and consistency to play the way Evatt would like and I'm not convinced we've got it.
* no ball winning/fight/steel in midfield until MJ came on although Dempsey did OK at the beginning. I'd have kept Dempsey on and hooked Morley for MJ in this game - but clearly Evatt doesn't think they can play together. All well and good having creative midfielders but they have to be able to win the ball in order to have the right to be creative with it.
* Kacha, who hasn't really impressed so far, played really well today and the run he made into the box to "win" the penalty from near the halfway line was excellent. Bit of a dive at the end though Smile
* Aimson was like a rabbit in the headlights and was pressed into mistakes a couple of times too many. Certainly not as comfortable as Santos - who pulled his hammy and hopefully it isn't too serious.
* Overelaborate in front of goal and too slow in the build up again - forcing the strikers to chase the ball instead of getting service where it matters
* Took too many chances at the back against a decent press

A draw was OK but I think Pompey were marginally the better side overall.

Plenty to work on and areas in need of better quality in the summer.

20Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth Wed Apr 06 2022, 02:09

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Basically, agree with the above.... Too slow getting the ball into the box.....oppertunities are there to cross it in but the ball goes backwards to often. Also can somebody try s few pot shots - everyone is scared to have a do.
A draw was probably the correct result.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum