Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers' Fulham loanee Marlon Fossey out for rest of the season

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Marlon Fossey’s season is over at Bolton Wanderers after Ian Evatt confirmed the wing-back will require an operation on a torn meniscus in his knee.

The Fulham loanee limped out of last weekend’s 1-0 defeat against Plymouth Argyle and will now be out of action for several weeks.

Fossey has been a stand-out performer for the Whites since signing in January, becoming a favourite with fans, but it now remains to be seen whether the club’s interest in signing him on a permanent basis can be seen through this summer.

Speaking at his press conference on Friday morning, Evatt confirmed: “It’s not great news. He’s got a torn meniscus so he’ll be having surgery tomorrow and that will be him for the rest of the season.

“It is disappointing from both sides, I think. He’s done exceptionally well since he’s been here. The crowd have really bought into him and vice-versa.

“He loves it here, but these things happen. There’s nothing we can do about it. It could have been a lot worse than just his meniscus, so it’s a pretty straightforward injury and operation but long enough to keep him out as there’s only six weeks left now so long enough to keep him out for the remainder of the season.”

Wanderers will welcome Gethin Jones back into the squad on Monday, meaning there will be a change on the right flank for Saturday’s game at Crewe.

Lloyd Isgrove has returned to full training and Kieran Sadlier could also be used as an auxiliary wing-back if Bolton persist with the 3-4-1-2 formation.

Jones had been given compassionate leave after his mother, Karen, passed away, with the whole club travelling to North Wales on Tuesday to be at her funeral.

“It has been a very challenging time for him and his family and there has been no pressure put on him whatsoever. I have been in constant dialogue with him and he feels right and ready to come back on Monday,” Evatt said.

“Obviously then we have a two-week break to get everyone back available. Lloyd Isgrove is back available, Kacha is back available, so for the one that is missing, we have got a few returning as well which is good.” Kyle Dempsey has also returned to training after a groin problem but Kieran Lee (heel) and Andy Tutte (calf) are still absent.

On Fossey, Evatt believes the 23-year-old has been a big success since turning down an offer from MLS to play in League One with the Whites.

“I think he’s OK, he is obviously really disappointed,” he said of the injury. “He has been exceptional since he has been here.

“Every time we sign a player we give them a vision of what we think will happen and both parties have lived up to the bargain. It is how it should be.

“He chose us over Inter Miami and I think he will now accept that it was the right decision, which is great.

“Obviously he is disappointed with the injury because I still think there is a lot of improvement in him and he is learning all the time.

“He has put in a huge amount of effort, physically, to come out of Under-23s football and play the men’s game from January onwards. That is a huge effort.

“He has managed his body well and I have never seen a lad of his age be so professional, he is ultra-professional, first in the gym every morning and the last to leave. He does all his prehab and cooldown stuff, he is relentless, and gives himself the best possible opportunity every day.

“Hopefully he will recover really quickly. It is not a serious injury but it is enough to warrant an operation and keep him out.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MARLON Fossey’s season is over at Bolton Wanderers after Ian Evatt confirmed the wing-back will require an operation on a torn meniscus in his knee.

The Fulham loanee limped out of last weekend’s 1-0 defeat against Plymouth Argyle and will now be out of action for several weeks.

Fossey has been a stand-out performer for the Whites since signing in January, becoming a favourite with fans, but it now remains to be seen whether the club’s interest in signing him on a permanent basis can be seen through this summer.

Speaking at his press conference on Friday morning, Evatt confirmed: “It’s not great news. He’s got a torn meniscus so he’ll be having surgery tomorrow and that will be him for the rest of the season.

“It is disappointing from both sides, I think. He’s done exceptionally well since he’s been here. The crowd have really bought into him and vice-versa.

“He loves it here, but these things happen. There’s nothing we can do about it. It could have been a lot worse than just his meniscus, so it’s a pretty straightforward injury and operation but long enough to keep him out as there’s only six weeks left now so long enough to keep him out for the remainder of the season.”

Wanderers will welcome Gethin Jones back into the squad on Monday, meaning there will be a change on the right flank for Saturday’s game at Crewe.

Lloyd Isgrove has returned to full training and Kieran Sadlier could also be used as an auxiliary wing-back if Bolton persist with the 3-4-1-2 formation.

Jones had been given compassionate leave after his mother, Karen, passed away, with the whole club travelling to North Wales on Tuesday to be at her funeral.

“It has been a very challenging time for him and his family and there has been no pressure put on him whatsoever. I have been in constant dialogue with him and he feels right and ready to come back on Monday,” Evatt said.

“Obviously then we have a two-week break to get everyone back available. Lloyd Isgrove is back available, Kacha is back available, so for the one that is missing, we have got a few returning as well which is good.” Kyle Dempsey has also returned to training after a groin problem but Kieran Lee (heel) and Andy Tutte (calf) are still absent.

On Fossey, Evatt believes the 23-year-old has been a big success since turning down an offer from MLS to play in League One with the Whites.

“I think he’s OK, he is obviously really disappointed,” he said of the injury. “He has been exceptional since he has been here.

“Every time we sign a player we give them a vision of what we think will happen and both parties have lived up to the bargain. It is how it should be.

“He chose us over Inter Miami and I think he will now accept that it was the right decision, which is great.

“Obviously he is disappointed with the injury because I still think there is a lot of improvement in him and he is learning all the time.

“He has put in a huge amount of effort, physically, to come out of Under-23s football and play the men’s game from January onwards. That is a huge effort.

“He has managed his body well and I have never seen a lad of his age be so professional, he is ultra-professional, first in the gym every morning and the last to leave. He does all his prehab and cooldown stuff, he is relentless, and gives himself the best possible opportunity every day.

“Hopefully he will recover really quickly. It is not a serious injury but it is enough to warrant an operation and keep him out.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bad news for us that, he's been fantastic since he came in January.

Hope we can sign in this summer but it will depend on how bad the injury is and if Fulham are prepared to let him go.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry KP didn't realise you had posted this already, feel free to merge them.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Is he still under contract at Fulham Norpig, or is he a free agent in the summer because that will have a big decision on where the lad ends up? It may be a blessing that he’s injured if it deters others, though he doesn’t exactly have a good record where injuries are concerned.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Bad news for us that, he's been fantastic since he came in January.

Hope we can sign in this summer but it will depend on how bad the injury is and if Fulham are prepared to let him go.

Not a problem. I will merge mine with yours. Smile

Edit: someone has already done it. Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:
Norpig wrote:Bad news for us that, he's been fantastic since he came in January.

Not a problem. I will merge mine with yours. Smile

Edit: someone has already done it. Very Happy

Cool

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well I hope that we haven't seen his last game in a Wanderers shirt as he's been a pleasure to watch.
Not the most talent RWB but he has great energy and pace which is just what we've needed at times - although we knew he was injury-prone.
Good luck lad - hope you get well soon and make the right career decision when the time comes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum