Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt eyeing strong finish to keep the Wanderers faithful coming back

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt eyeing strong finish to keep the Wanderers faithful coming back 13380955

Ian Evatt is already planning for next season – but he insists it is his job to keep Wanderers focused on their remaining fixtures.

With seven games to go, Evatt’s men are currently 11th in the League One table and still have an outside chance of making the play-offs.

But the Whites have some tricky fixtures coming up, with the likes of Wigan, Portsmouth and Sheffield Wednesday still to play.

Ahead of next weekend’s trip to the DW Stadium, Evatt is determined to finish the campaign strongly and make sure that the Bolton faithful come back in their numbers next season.

“I think we all feel like we’re capable of winning eight straight games. I always speak about performance over points and I think what we’ve done certainly is that,” he told The Bolton News.

“I think we’ve performed generally really well. (Seven) more games to perform in and hopefully we can go a long way towards winning as many as we can.

“But I have no doubt that this group is capable of doing it. It’s our job to keep them focused and make sure that we finish strongly because it’s important that we carry some momentum through.

“Ticket sales for the summer, rebuilding our brand and our club, and going again next season. But this season isn’t over yet.”

Ian Evatt and company will be keen to deliver a big performance against the Latics, having suffered a 4-0 defeat when the sides met at the UniBol earlier this season.

Leam Richardson's men are currently second in the league table – one point behind leaders Rotherham, who have played two extra games.

Wanderers will certainly have a strong backing at the DW Stadium, having sold out their allocation of just over 4,000 tickets for the match.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum