Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next season Squad

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Next season Squad Empty Next season Squad Mon Apr 11 2022, 20:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2Next season Squad Empty Re: Next season Squad Mon Apr 11 2022, 21:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't keep any of the players in grey, except Fossey but he ain't signing for us in a million years.

We absolutely must sign a proper, commanding, experienced goalkeeper. It is absolutely vital. No more of this taking young keepers on loan.

And secondly, just as important is a captain. A leader. We've lost too many games after being bullied by the opposition.

If we could find a buyer for Dapo I wold cash in, he's too inconsistent. Although he's not helped by the manager playing him out of position. We're going to need the cash to splash on a striker, sadly Charles doesn't look to me like a forward to score 20 goals in a season.

3Next season Squad Empty Re: Next season Squad Tue Apr 12 2022, 11:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As Nat says we need a keeper and we also need to strengthen the CB's if we are continuing with a back 3. Rico is fine but Aimson and Johnston are not good enough.

We do need a RWB and would love Fossey to come back but not sure what his contract situation at Fulham is?

4Next season Squad Empty Re: Next season Squad Tue Apr 12 2022, 13:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If I interpret Evatt's earlier comments from a few weeks back correctly, we can probably sign 2 maybe 3 players and maybe a few more loans.

Fossey would be one, a left back maybe Jack Iredale and a goalie, probably Trafford.

That wouldn't leave us much room for manoeuvre unless Sharon can produce another rabbit out of the hat.

We have lots of attacking players and I include most of the midfielders and the wing backs in that.

We have MJ and George as DMs and Dempsey can also get stuck in - but the back three has been getting all the stick, especially when Santos is injured.

For me, we need another big strong mobile CB - another Santos if you like - and in an ideal world a top quality DM. The other lads are OK but a lot of our defensive issues are caused by letting the opposition get at our CBs too easily. Problem is they're not cheap and not easy to find but every now and then one emerges from nowhere.
N'golo Kante for example emerged from the French 3rd division and went to Caen on a free transfer at the age of 21 - they were promoted and the rest is history. Yaya Toure couldn't get a proper job at that age as he was being played as a striker.
We should be casting a wider net IMO and looking for young misfits with exceptionally high athleticism, workrate and skill - the rest will follow if they have those attributes.
TBH I'd even settle for a destroyer like Muamba  as we'd have plenty of ball players around him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum