Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Doncaster Rovers boss Gary McSheffrey's verdict on Bolton defeat

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doncaster Rovers boss Gary McSheffrey's verdict on Bolton defeat 13685616

Doncaster boss Gary McSheffrey was left ruing a couple of fine stops by James Trafford following his side’s 2-1 defeat against Wanderers.

The young goalkeeper impressed as the Whites recorded an eighth league away win of the campaign, twice denying Josh Martin.

Amadou Bakayoko opened the scoring with his 12th goal of the campaign before Mipo Odubeko got the hosts back on level terms.

Kieran Sadlier immediately restored the Whites' lead with a clinical volley 12 minutes from time.

McSheffrey was pleased with his side’s performance but admits they were lacking a ruthless streak in front of goal.

“Their two bits of end product in the second half they score from,” he told The Doncaster Free Press.

“They countered quite well and got in some good crossing positions, they fizzed a few across the six-yard box.

“But in terms of chances in the second half I think they really put their two away quite clinically.

“We’ve created some good chances today and their goalkeeper has made two or three good saves but ultimately we should be scoring at least one or two more.”

The result leaves McSheffrey’s men six points from safety with three games to go as they bid to beat the drop.

He added: “I thought it was a great game of football. Second half we started a little bit sloppy again, there was some poor decision-making.

“But we react well from the disappointment of conceding and get ourselves back in it.

“Then we need to be better. When we get back in it we need to manage it better. You can’t concede in their next attack. The lads need to learn from that.

“But I think it was a good performance. I thought the lads were brave, played on the front foot, got on the ball well and I think excited the crowd a bit and got them off their seats at times.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum