Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'He looks great' - Ian Evatt pleased with Josh Sheehan progress

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'He looks great' - Ian Evatt pleased with Josh Sheehan progress 13702538

Josh Sheehan is making good progress as he continues his recovery from a serious knee injury, according to Wanderers boss Ian Evatt.

Sheehan has not featured for the Whites since suffering the injury against Stockport in the FA Cup back in November.

The Welshman is now back running on grass as he aims to be back for the start of pre-season, but Evatt insists he still has plenty of work ahead before he is ready to return to action.

“With ACL injuries, it is a process really and he is at the stage of straight-line running,” he told The Bolton News.

“He has done nothing in terms of checking and that is the real big test for knees, when you get to the stage of checking at full speed and stopping.

“But for now, everything is going great. He has strengthened up in the gym. Physically he looks great and we are excited to get him back.”

Wanderers bolstered their midfield ranks with the signings of Aaron Morley and Kyle Dempsey during the January window.

Evatt is confident Sheehan can make an impact in a variety of roles next season and is pleased with the options at his disposal.

He added: “I think he is adaptable. I think he can play as a pivot and when we play a double pivot, with two sixes so to speak, he can play as one of those.

“He has played as a 10 for Newport. He can play there for us or if we play a six and two eights, he can play as one of the eights.

“He gives us good flexibility really, as they all do. It is only really MJ (Williams) who is an out-and-out six and pivot.

“We couldn’t really move him into an eight or a 10 role, but everyone else we feel could pretty much do it.”

The Whites are unbeaten in their last six matches following Monday’s win against Accrington at the UniBol.

The Bolton chief is delighted with his side’s form since the turn of the year and feels they have laid the foundations to push on next season.

“Three defeats in a sample size of more or less half a season is exceptional form,” he explained.

“I think it is automatic promotion form and there is no denying that, but unfortunately for us the season starts in August and not January, even though it didn’t seem that way last season.

“It is about building for the future and I think what we are doing is certainly doing that, and it is great that we have done well in the second half of the season.

“Every team can look back through a season and think where they have left points out there and lost points.

“I do think that we have suffered from injuries more than anybody else. I think the levels of injuries, and the extent as to who they were to, has really caused us problems - especially November and December.

“Even if we would have had a below average instead of a really poor November and December, we would probably be in there (the top six) now.

“It shows we are not far away but we want to finish strong and we have got it all over again to try and do next season.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum