Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Derry City boss Ruaidhri Higgins on Eoin Toal and Bolton Wanderers interest

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Derry City boss Ruaidhri Higgins on Eoin Toal and Bolton Wanderers interest 13667165

Derry City boss Ruaidhri Higgins says selling Eoin Toal would be “a huge loss” amid interest from Wanderers.

The Whites are set to step up their chase for the 23-year-old centre-back as Ian Evatt aims to bolster his defensive ranks ahead of the new season.

Toal has made over 150 appearances for the Candy Stripes, attracting interest from other English clubs.

He has also represented Northern Ireland at Under-21 level and is out of contract at the end of the current campaign in Ireland.

Higgins called Toal “a brilliant servant” but admits most League of Ireland managers accept that moves are likely to happen when young players impress.

“At this minute in time I don’t know if Bolton have made another offer,” he told The Derry Journal.

“We all know that their first offer was rejected and at the minute I don’t think they have made an improved offer, but that may change as the week progresses.

"Eoin Toal has been an absolutely brilliant servant for this club and he’s only 23. He has played a lot of games and I can only speak since I have been here, but he has been fantastic.

“If he does leave then it would be a huge loss, but as we sit here now, there’s nothing confirmed or agreed or anything like that.

“We will need to replace him or we’ll need to adapt or play a different system, I don’t know, because nothing has happened since last week’s bid was rejected."

Wanderers have already brought in Jack Iredale and Conor Bradley this summer, as well as re-signing James Trafford on loan from Manchester City.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum