Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AUDIO - BBC Manchester - Phil Gartside and Dougie Freedman (see post 14)

+9
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
Sgt. Bash
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Numpty 28723
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sounded good, from a few interviews ive seen he looks like a guy who doesn't take any crap from the players.

What really impressed me was that he took them from being the team who conceded the most goals in the football league being only behind the top three in that respect by the end of the following season.

Also he took their conceding ratio down from 1.8 when he took over in January to 1.1 from Jan to the end of the season

I was a bit worried about his defensive knowledge given how many they have conceded this season but this has reassured me.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lyric Todkill wrote:
Ego, eh

Who should play instead of Bogdan?

Either of the two reserve keepers when fit. Bogdan is rubbish. He doesn't make any great saves and makes routine ones look difficult.

The defenders are shite but it doesn't help them when they can't have confidence in their keeper.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This doesn't work on my iPhone.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'd get Lonergan in straight away when he's fit - Bogdan was thrown into first team football way too soon and it's not done him any favours.

Freedman came across well. I was amazed when he left Palace to come here but at least it proves, like he said, that he's up for a challenge. Good luck to him if he can improve the shower of shite that the previous manager has assembled.

At least you can understand what he's saying which will be a good help all round.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be fair to Bogdan he did win player of the season last year. Hes obviously a good keeper, and he has good natural reactions, he just needs to work on the silly mistakes he makes, mainly not pushing the ball out of play.

I can't imagine Fred Barber leaving in the summer has helped anything, im very dubious that any of the reserves would be better.

With a decent defense bringing a bit more confidence he will be fine.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

With a decent defense bringing a bit more confidence he will be fine.

Sadly, decent defences don't grow on trees. When we don't have top class defenders, we can only protect them by sacrificing attacking players to cover.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Dougie mentioned that its the "transistion" of the ball from attack to defense ....not the defense so much.

In other words.....losing constant possession upfront is the issue....or midfield not keeping the ball ...... I liked that snipet ...and agree with it. Furthermore if he has seen that already...why didn't the other bloke?

C'mon Dougie.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Dougie spoke with Coyle last week:-

Speaking at his press conference, Freedman said: "I spoke to Owen Coyle last week about it and he told me what I had to hear.

"He said 'you've got a great group of lads there who are under-performing, and it probably needs a different voice with different ideas'.

"Owen's a good man, but the ideas he has as a coach and manager are different to mine. I believe in my own philosophy on the game, in the way I give people opportunities and play with a no fear factor.

"Take the modern day player and strip down the money, the caps, the hairstyles and the tweeting, and you've still got an individual who is talented and needs to get that talent out in some way.

"It doesn't matter what they've done or where they've been, I feel I can get the best out of them."

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So basically, Coyle knew he wasn't the man for job and still waited to be pushed with a payout instead of walking. Coyle clearly loves BWFC, but it's clear he loves something else even more! Rolling Eyes

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Palarse fans reaction to yesterday evenings radio show.

Warning: Contains bitter comments.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Lt. Boon wrote:So basically, Coyle knew he wasn't the man for job and still waited to be pushed with a payout instead of walking. Coyle clearly loves BWFC, but it's clear he loves something else even more! Rolling Eyes

He still has a house, car wife and kids to pay for. Even if hes on more money than the average guy hes not going to refuse the payout, why should he?

Especially since in comparison with the money in football his payout will be minuscule. He has no idea how long he could be out of work.

You wouldn't not take redundancy because you liked the staff.

And no manager doesn't believe he can't turn it round, being self assured is probably one of the most important requirement of a manager with all the pressure from the fans, media and players all telling you to do something different.

If you had been doing something your entire life (and you may have been) and considered yourself an expert then there's no way you would be doubting your ability to turn things round, thats the Chairmans, and fans job.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Don't agree.

If I was a multi-millionaire - of which I'm sure Coyle is - I for one would be more bothered about my future reputation than a further few hundred thousand or so.

I'd rather be thought of as a man that was prepared to do the right thing at the right time than as yet another one just interested in the money.

It's clearly obvious from the results from the start of 2010 that Coyle could not manage - he only had one game plan - everybody knew what to expect and how to deal with it. If he had walked at the end of last season many would still have thought he'd done a job but was simply unlucky - rather than staying on a proving how clueless he really is - Knight resigned on a two year contract - how utterly stupid was that!

As for your second point - just because he's a manager, doesn't mean that he is any good at it any more than all teachers are good at their jobs, or all doctors, or whatever job you care to name.

If he thinks - as he appears to do - that he's the best manager he knows - after relegating us, buying the likes of Ngog, Sordell and Mears, resigning Knight and believing 91 year old Kevin Davies should start every game then he is clearly deluded and the question should really be why Gartside didn't bite the bullet and get rid of him before last January, we would almost certainly still be in the Premier if that had happened - yet probably struggling with the team he left behind him.

I'm sure the phone is really ringing all the time at Coyle's home, just as he says!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks Owen!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum