Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman - Press conference

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dougie Freedman - Press conference Empty Dougie Freedman - Press conference Mon Oct 29 2012, 21:45

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

“I’m excited and can’t wait to get started,” he told Wanderers Player. “These are exciting times for myself and hopefully for everyone involved with the football club.

“I had been informed of the interest from Bolton and I had that you feeling you used to get as a young kid. I was really excited.

“The chairman outlined his plans for the club. We have got the tools here to get straight back to the Premier League and I’m a young manager who wants exactly that.

“I feel that the club is still suffering from the relegation of last season. We need to get that out of the minds of the players and onto winning promotion. We’ve certainly got a good enough squad to do that.

“My philosophy is very simple. Work hard and pass the ball in the right way and then we move forward together.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Read the full interview on the link, some interesting comments made by the new man.

DFSWA!!

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Freedman out.

Having actually read the link now, Freedman in!
“First and foremost we want to implement a winning style. We’ve got to
look at the squad we’ve got an implement a style suits us
."

One would have thought this was a basic requirement, but it eluded his fellow Scot to our detriment.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He's certainly won brownie points with me, ditching a club he loved to manage Bolton Wanderers. I read somewhere his three year contract is worth £1.5m. If that's true, I don't believe he left Palace for the money.

Unfortunately I'm giving him three games to drop Kevin Davies, or I'm off to Selhurst Park for a Freedman Out banner.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

"We’ve got to look at the squad we’ve got an implement a style suits us."

Did he really say this? Numb bugger! Should have said "and" and not "an" and "that" inbetween "style" and "suits". Oh well.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Listening to him yesterday, he sounds like he has one hell of a serious level of ambition - I like this, maybe his expectations are unrealistic, maybe hes not the manager he thinks he is, maybe boltons infrastructure and resources are not as good as he believes. Time will tell.

Hes set a target of promotion this year, so lets hope the points start coming now - as we all know, points win prizes!

he also mentioned europe again - Newcastle did it, big Sam did it with us, if we get back up I dont see why we cant 'do a Newcastle' ... the premiership will bring with it untold riches, I would assume some of this will find its way in to the Bolton wanderers cheque book...

From listening to the man, im expecting big BIG things from my beloved club now.

I believe every new manager should start with a clean sheet, Dougie included. its up to him to keep that sheet clean now.

the proof, as they say, will be in the pudding.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum