Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it fall over for Dion Charles?

+2
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is it fall over for Dion Charles?  Empty Is it fall over for Dion Charles? Thu Sep 15 2022, 14:01

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Charles stormed into the side late last season and walloped some goals in.

But now... Is it just a lot of running with his arms pumping and no end product?

Whenever I see him with the ball at feet he seems to make the wrong decisions. And at least 50% of the time he ends up, unnecessarily, on the deck.

Why does he fall over so often? Is is feigning being fouled or can he just not stay on his feet?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why is a mod spamming the site?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Why is a mod spamming the site?

Biggie marches to the beat of his own drum.

Some months ago, he suddenly decided to use the sites Twitter account (after literally years of never bothering with it) to do something that even today I have no understanding really of what was in his mind - and started trolling/wumming people and even posting borderline racist tweets.

So much so that after warning him to cease immediately whatever it was, he was up to, I had to physically change the password to deny him access to the account to reign him in!

His aim he said was to create an 'interest' in our Twitter account which would in turn bring people to the forum.

I pointed out the obvious (at least to me) that by trolling and being 'whacky' shall we say, on Twitter, would attract absolutely no one to a forum that in itself is NOT full of trolls or 'whacky' or likeminded behaviour - it's a bit like deliberately trying to 'mis-sell' something that we are not!

The result was we got zero people who joined up and started posted on here.

What else would anyone have expected???

He's seemed to have completely abandoned that now and apparently has recently decided to make posts and threads as he is.

For instance, I've absolutely no idea what he is trying to do/achieve on the 'God save the Queen thread'???

Don't get me wrong I like Biggie, there is no malice in him and it is good that someone is trying to do something different on here for a change - however I'm often very unsure as to what that actually is!

Vive la difference I suppose.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Sluffy wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Why is a mod spamming the site?

Biggie marches to the beat of his own drum.

Some months ago, he suddenly decided to use the sites Twitter account (after literally years of never bothering with it) to do something that even today I have no understanding really of what was in his mind - and started trolling/wumming people and even posting borderline racist tweets.

So much so that after warning him to cease immediately whatever it was, he was up to, I had to physically change the password to deny him access to the account to reign him in!

His aim he said was to create an 'interest' in our Twitter account which would in turn bring people to the forum.

I pointed out the obvious (at least to me) that by trolling and being 'whacky' shall we say, on Twitter, would attract absolutely no one to a forum that in itself is NOT full of trolls or 'whacky' or likeminded behaviour - it's a bit like deliberately trying to 'mis-sell' something that we are not!

The result was we got zero people who joined up and started posted on here.

What else would anyone have expected???

He's seemed to have completely abandoned that now and apparently has recently decided to make posts and threads as he is.

For instance, I've absolutely no idea what he is trying to do/achieve on the 'God save the Queen thread'???

Don't get me wrong I like Biggie, there is no malice in him and it is good that someone is trying to do something different on here for a change - however I'm often very unsure as to what that actually is!

Vive la difference I suppose.

What is all that about?
The Charles question is totally valid you pair of bell ends.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be honest Biggie I've thought exactly the same thing myself about Dion so far this season. He's been charging around like a headless chicken without achieving anything. Whenever the ball comes anywhere near him he either lays it off straight to the nearest opponent or falls over the bloody thing. He never looks remotely like scoring these days and if a chance does come his way I never expect him to score.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets hope the penalty last game started him off on a run, it will be better now that JDB is back fit as he is our best striker by a mile and hopefully they can build up a great partnership.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Hip Priest wrote:To be honest Biggie I've thought exactly the same thing myself about Dion so far this season. He's been charging around like a headless chicken without achieving anything. Whenever the ball comes anywhere near him he either lays it off straight to the nearest opponent or falls over the bloody thing. He never looks remotely like scoring these days and if a chance does come his way I never expect him to score.

Thanks for the actual football related answer. I thought I was going mad.

Yeah, I noted it the most at the last home game when the person sat behind me said to his mate, watch him fall over. And then he did. And then again. And again. The person behind was more or less keeping going on it and it made me realise he did it all the time, sometimes for seemingly no reason.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Norpig wrote:Lets hope the penalty last game started him off on a run, it will be better now that JDB is back fit as he is our best striker by a mile and hopefully they can build up a great partnership.

Hope so pig. He did score a good one another day, dunt remember which match though.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched yesterday's game via Germany and it had the Posh commentary on (they switched to the Bolton comms at half time presumably in the interest of balance) and in the first few minutes the former Posh player who was doing the comms said "Shame on you Dion Charles - you lost the ball and threw yourself on the ground to try to get something. I hate that."
Brought back your comment Biggie and from then on I was looking out for it. He certainly delivered but the ref had clocked it and he got nothing.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Ironically, he didn't do it as often, buy never mind...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Charles was brought to score goals. He hasn't. Again on Saturday he had a couple of very good chances and failed to hit the back of the net.

Chaplin at Ipswich has 6 league goals so far, Bishop at Portsmouth has 5. Keillor-Dunn at bottom of the table Burton has 4 league goals.

Charles has 1. A penalty.

Imagine where we'd be with a goalscorer.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

In fairness hasn't he scored 4 goals in 8 matches in all competitions so far this season?

That's 1 in 2.

And last season scored 8 in 23 (even though was subbed a lot) and assisted 3.

I'm hoping he can find some league form too though...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think Charles has a particular problem with finishing - he ain't bad - but the system demands that he chases all over the park to close down and press so he doesn't find himself in goalscoring positions often enough, and he's not particularly big target to hit anyway. JDB is - and he has a decent goalscoring record, but the way Evatt uses him underlines the point about Charles.
What Charles does bring to the team in this system is that he's a ball winner and front line defender and he puts in a shift.
On the few occasions he does get slipped in, he looks too knackered - and his composure is a bit suspect at the moment but I reckon that's the pressure that all strikers have when they don't score bucket loads.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum