Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bradley's progress at Bolton

+3
Cajunboy
Bolton Nuts
okocha
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bradley - Bradley's progress at Bolton Empty Bradley's progress at Bolton Thu Sep 22 2022, 15:40

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2bradley - Bradley's progress at Bolton Empty Re: Bradley's progress at Bolton Thu Sep 22 2022, 23:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Beck looks miles behind him ATM.

3bradley - Bradley's progress at Bolton Empty Re: Bradley's progress at Bolton Sat Sep 24 2022, 22:04

Bolton Nuts

Admin

How do we replace Bradley when the time comes?
Do we go for Fossey?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4bradley - Bradley's progress at Bolton Empty Re: Bradley's progress at Bolton Sun Sep 25 2022, 01:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:How do we replace Bradley when the time comes?
Do we go for Fossey?
If we get promoted we'll need a new team...

5bradley - Bradley's progress at Bolton Empty Re: Bradley's progress at Bolton Sun Sep 25 2022, 15:32

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If we get promoted where will the cash come from to build a Championship team that can compete at that level. Let alone the ultimate dream of life in the top flight?

6bradley - Bradley's progress at Bolton Empty Re: Bradley's progress at Bolton Sun Sep 25 2022, 16:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
If we get promoted we'll need a new team...
If we get promoted where will the cash come from to build a Championship team that can compete at that level. Let alone the ultimate dream of life in the top flight?

Do people still actually listen to what Wanderlust thinks???

Wigan, Rotherham and Sunderland got promoted last season, none of them have strengthened their squads significantly since their promotion. (To qualify that a bit more Wigan and Rotherham haven't paid anything for new players and although Sunderland have paid something like £4m, it would seem that to date none of those they have bought are actually first team regulars).

Currently Sunderland are in 5th place in the Championship, Rotherham 8th and Wigan 12th.  However one match is still outstanding and needs to be played to complete 'matchday 10' for the Championship and that game is between Wigan and Rotherham - meaning one or (if a draw) both of them will improve their positions (both Wigan and Rotherham would go 5th ahead of Sunderland if they won).

How does this mean Bolton would do the same I can hear you all thinking, well - and contrary to the bullshit the like of Wanderlust keeps spouting, if you look at Bolton's performance for the last half of last season - matchday 24 to 46 - Bolton finished 2nd, one point behind MK Dons and ahead of Wigan (4th) by 4 points, Rotherham (5th) by 5 points and Sunderland (7th) by 6 points.

There is absolutely no reason to believe Bolton could not be holding our own currently in the Championship now with the team we have - absolutely no reason at all - irrespective of Wanderlust's continual spouting of doom and gloom.

Would I like FV to strengthen our team - of course I would but even if they don't there is no reason not to believe that not only could we get promoted this season but also be able to survive in the Championship if we did with the squad we currently have.

7bradley - Bradley's progress at Bolton Empty Re: Bradley's progress at Bolton Sun Sep 25 2022, 19:37

BarrygoestoBolton

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Well said Sluffy. I’m in total agreement. People forget that the reason we didn’t get into the playoffs (or even automatics) last season was because of a poor run up to Christmas following an horrendous number of injuries together with the lack of a number 10 with Sarcevic’s departure.

8bradley - Bradley's progress at Bolton Empty Re: Bradley's progress at Bolton Sun Sep 25 2022, 19:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BarrygoestoBolton wrote:Well said Sluffy. I’m in total agreement. People forget that the reason we didn’t get into the playoffs (or even automatics) last season was because of a poor run up to Christmas following an horrendous number of injuries together with the lack of a number 10 with Sarcevic’s departure.

The fact we only took 4 points out of a possible 36 against the teams that finished in the top 6 tells a better story.

A story we have continued this season.

Talk of holding our own in the Championship with this team is absolutely laughable.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9bradley - Bradley's progress at Bolton Empty Re: Bradley's progress at Bolton Sun Sep 25 2022, 20:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I shot a similar fallacy down some weeks back when Wanderlust claimed something along the same lines.

The top six team last season were Wigan, Rotherham, MK Dons, Sheff Wednesday, Sunderland and Wycombe.

If we look at the results up to the 28th matchday and those thereafter, these are the results (the 'dots' separate the pre and post matchday 28 results)

Wigan L 0-4 .... D 1-1
Rotherham L 0-2 L 2-1 (both games before Matchday 29)
MK Dons  D 3-3 .... L 2-1
Sheff Wednesday L 1-0 .... D 1-1
Sunderland L 1-0 .... W 6-0
Wycombe  L 1-0 L 0-2 (both games before Matchday 29)

So prior to having the squad we have now which were bought in the January transfer window our record was

P8, W0, D1, L7 F4, A16, Pts 1.  Average points per game 0.125

From Matchday 29 onwards

P4, W1, D2, L1, F9, A4, Pts 5.  Average points per game 1.25.

It is also worth mentioning that since the January change in squad we actually played two of the promoted teams and didn't lose to either of them - Wigan (away) drew 1-1 and Sunderland at home, won 6-0.

We played last season with more or less two different teams - the promoted side with the likes of Sarce, Doyle, Brockbank, Delfouneso, Darcey, Gilks and Tutte and replaced them with Charles, JDB, Morley, Dempsey, and Sadlier from the January window onwards - with a massive improvement in results thereafter.

Like it or not our results improved enormously because of the players we brought in during the January window.

The facts are there in black and white for all to see.

(PS your fact that we took only 4 points out of 36, isn't actually a fact, it's a fib!)

10bradley - Bradley's progress at Bolton Empty Re: Bradley's progress at Bolton Mon Sep 26 2022, 02:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

The fact we only took 4 points out of a possible 36 against the teams that finished in the top 6 tells a better story.

A story we have continued this season.

Talk of holding our own in the Championship with this team is absolutely laughable.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I made a similar point last season except it was about our results against teams above and around us at the time we played them.

11bradley - Bradley's progress at Bolton Empty Re: Bradley's progress at Bolton Mon Sep 26 2022, 07:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:I made a similar point last season except it was about our results against teams above and around us at the time we played them.

Sluffy wrote:I shot a similar fallacy down some weeks back when Wanderlust claimed something along the same lines.

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Sluffy on Mon Sep 26 2022, 10:08; edited 2 times in total

12bradley - Bradley's progress at Bolton Empty Re: Bradley's progress at Bolton Mon Sep 26 2022, 08:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I shot a similar fallacy down some weeks back when Wanderlust claimed something along the same lines.

The top six team last season were Wigan, Rotherham, MK Dons, Sheff Wednesday, Sunderland and Wycombe.

You didn't shoot anything down you humongous fanny, you quoted a load of stats from last season as though that is definitely going to happen again. I remember being top of the Championship after winning at West Brom a few seasons back, but we still finished in the bottom 4.

I base my opinion on something you obviously don't understand - actually watching the team in the flesh. I've watched this team at the end of last season and the start of this, and there is no way it would hold its own in the Championship - it's only just clinging onto a top 6 place in League 1.

PM me your apology by noon.

13bradley - Bradley's progress at Bolton Empty Re: Bradley's progress at Bolton Mon Sep 26 2022, 08:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You didn't shoot anything down you humongous fanny, you quoted a load of stats from last season as though that is definitely going to happen again. I remember being top of the Championship after winning at West Brom a few seasons back, but we still finished in the bottom 4.

I base my opinion on something you obviously don't understand - actually watching the team in the flesh. I've watched this team at the end of last season and the start of this, and there is no way it would hold its own in the Championship - it's only just clinging onto a top 6 place in League 1.

PM me your apology by noon.

Well, if I didn't shoot Wanderlust down, then I merely produced the facts to show that his statement was wrong.

As per usual he tried to wriggle out of it and pretend he wasn't wrong at all by claiming he meant something different - so again I merely produced the facts to show that even this was still wrong as well!

And similarly, I've merely produced the facts to disprove what you've stated also.

As for basing your opinions on what you see rather than the facts, why then do all the clubs now use statistical analysis to base all their recruitment and team selections on rather than judging them on what they 'see in the flesh'?

How many of our fans thought that players like Zach Clough and Conor Hall were going to be world beaters by simply judging them in the flesh?

Players are now judged based on what the facts show they do and not what we 'think' they do.

Would we have been ok in the Championship with our current team, well nobody knows one way or the other because it hasn't happened, but it is quite clear that we were on a par last season from January onwards with the three teams who were promoted and they, with more or less the teams that got them their promotions, are certainly holding their own for now in the Championship, so there's really no reason we couldn't have been doing the same as well if we were there instead of one of them.

14bradley - Bradley's progress at Bolton Empty Re: Bradley's progress at Bolton Mon Sep 26 2022, 11:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Well, if I didn't shoot Wanderlust down, then I merely produced the facts to show that his statement was wrong.

I don't care about wanderlust, he is dead to me. Do not mention him when addressing me in future.

Sluffy wrote:And similarly, I've merely produced the facts to disprove what you've stated also.

No you haven't. You seem to be suggesting that because Wigan, Rotherham and Sunderland are doing ok after 9 games that every other club that gets promoted will do the same. Absolute drivel.

Sluffy wrote:As for basing your opinions on what you see rather than the facts, why then do all the clubs now use statistical analysis to base all their recruitment and team selections on rather than judging them on what they 'see in the flesh'?

And how's it working out for them? Did they all get promoted?

Sluffy wrote:How many of our fans thought that players like Conor Hall were going to be world beaters by simply judging them in the flesh?

You massive bellend. He is currently Chorley's leading goalscorer. There is no higher accolade.

Sluffy wrote:Players are now judged based on what the facts show they do and not what we 'think' they do.

Ok, tell me who will finish in the top 3 in Leagues 1 & 2 if it's all about "stats".

You have 30 minutes to PM me that apology. And there had better be kisses at the bottom.

15bradley - Bradley's progress at Bolton Empty Re: Bradley's progress at Bolton Mon Sep 26 2022, 13:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes, you are right about Wanderlust...

No I'm saying we were on a par (slightly above actually) of the three teams promoted from January on last season and that as they haven't improved their first team since, then it isn't unreasonable to speculate that we would be performing at the same level as they are now in the Championship up to Matchday 10.

As for statistical analysis, that is aimed at improving what you've got and identifying better transfer replacements for the weaker players in your first team.

We could use statistical analysis to improve the Nuts football team but that doesn't mean we would win the Bolton and District Football Forum League because improving rubbish players up to a standard of not so rubbish players doesn't win you much, but it might help be the difference between staying up and being relegated.

I'm not privy to club's confidential player stats but I suggest if I was - particularly after the January transfer window had closed, that I or anyone else could make a fairly solid prediction of the top three finish in L1 and L2 as per your request.

I won't be apologising as I've nothing to apologise for but I'm happy to give you kisses below as we all need a bit of love every now and again!

xxx

Sluffy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum