Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

U18's Progress in FA Cup

+2
Sgt. Bash
Keegan
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1U18's Progress in FA Cup Empty U18's Progress in FA Cup Mon Dec 10 2012, 22:01

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Our best team progressed in the FA Cup through goals by Georg Iliev and Rob Holding today to beat Portsmouth 2-1.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2U18's Progress in FA Cup Empty Re: U18's Progress in FA Cup Mon Dec 10 2012, 22:04

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Get them in the starting XI vs. Charlton!!

3U18's Progress in FA Cup Empty Re: U18's Progress in FA Cup Tue Dec 11 2012, 00:10

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm glad Lt. Boon isn't our manager..

4U18's Progress in FA Cup Empty Re: U18's Progress in FA Cup Tue Dec 11 2012, 00:29

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I was being sarcastic btw.

Not that they'd do worse than the current lot mind.

5U18's Progress in FA Cup Empty Re: U18's Progress in FA Cup Tue Dec 11 2012, 11:22

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

You would think there would be a centre back in the under 18s who could make the step up soon, could they do much worse than Knight, Ream and Mills?

6U18's Progress in FA Cup Empty Re: U18's Progress in FA Cup Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Has anyone actually seen these lads play?

Are they playing good football?

Are they competing against a good standard?

Any standouts.

Be interesting to know.

7U18's Progress in FA Cup Empty Re: U18's Progress in FA Cup Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:11

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I will tell you on Saturday Hipster when they play Huddersfield. I am working at the academy that day so will be able to give you a decent idea of what it's like.

8U18's Progress in FA Cup Empty Re: U18's Progress in FA Cup Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great, i will look forward to that.

9U18's Progress in FA Cup Empty Re: U18's Progress in FA Cup Tue Dec 11 2012, 14:23

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

This lad has been reported as being quality in virtually every game the U18's play. He tends to score the bulk of our goals as well.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That's Georg Iliev. As I mentioned, he's a good 'un.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10U18's Progress in FA Cup Empty Re: U18's Progress in FA Cup Sun Dec 16 2012, 13:30

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Great, i will look forward to that.

Sorry Hips. Can't really give you a report because the U-18 was cancelled when I got there so they mixed the 16's and 18's from both sides and called it an U-17's game for some reason. It was impossible really to know who was who. There was a very gobby centre back for Bolton who swore a lot. A tricky left winger who was black and a big striker who seemed to cause a lot of trouble without creating much. Bolton won 3-1 but didn't look too great in all honesty. It was harder to keep up with these lot because they are faster but as a spectacle I much prefer the younger teams as they actually play some fantastic football.

I can't really vouch for the U-18's style of play at all or players' abilities or potentials because most of them were training with little Sam on the next pitch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum