Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt prepared for 'intimidating' atmosphere at Accrington

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt prepared for 'intimidating' atmosphere at Accrington 16064347

Ian Evatt hopes Wanderers can put "the ghost of Forest Green and Cheltenham" behind them ahead of Saturday's trip to Accrington Stanley.

The Whites have struggled at times in tough conditions on the road, such as the recent 1-0 defeats at Whaddon Road and the New Lawn.

And Evatt is expecting another tough test against John Coleman’s side, who are currently 17th in the League One table.

But the Bolton chief is eager for his side to prove they can handle "intimidating" atmospheres away from home.

He said: “What John does there is incredible with what he works with and the way the club is run, it is first class.

“They get the very most out of themselves and they should be rightly applauded for what they achieve year upon year.

“They are always a difficult team to play against and going to Accrington is one of those places that is hugely intimidating. It always is.

“We know what we are going to come up against and it is a wonderful opportunity for us to really put the ghost of Forest Green and Cheltenham behind us and go out there and show what we can do in these types of games.”

The Whites kept yet another clean sheet in the 3-0 win against Leeds United Under-21s on Tuesday night despite making several changes to the backline.

Evatt is delighted with his side’s defensive numbers this season but insists they need to get the balance right at both ends of the pitch in the coming weeks.

“Clean sheets are always nice,” he added. “I think a lot has been made about our defensive record so far this season.

“Lots of work went into that over the summer and now we need to start putting it right at the other end.”

Liverpool loanee Conor Bradley misses Saturday’s match through suspension, having picked up five yellow cards in the league.

“I think in the modern game you get booked for very little and it’s quite easily done to get yellow cards very quickly though any type of tackle,” the manager explained.

“Conor is the type of player that flies into tackles, that is really intense with the way he plays and I wouldn’t want to take that away from him. He’s more a victim of the system than anything else I would suggest.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum