Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers are prepared for exits in the January transfer window

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers are prepared for exits in the January transfer window 16302082

Wanderers paved the way for a January clear-out with Ian Evatt claiming some of his squad players have already attracted interest from elsewhere.

The Bolton boss says he will not stand in the way of first team players who have struggled for regular football so far this season, if an offer comes in.

Senior stars such as Declan John, Amadou Bakayoko and Kieran Sadlier fall into that bracket and with new arrivals expected early in January, other first teamers could also find themselves dropping down the pecking order quickly.

Evatt expects some players to leave for good next month but believes each has enhanced his reputation whilst at the University of Bolton Stadium.

“I would think there will be some players leaving permanently and there are discussions going on all the time,” he told The Bolton News.

“Loans would be more suited to younger players and B Team players but the ones who are actively looking to move elsewhere are the ones who want regular first team football and we feel that a permanent change is what would be required.

“We have had lots of enquiries for our squad players and I have said this to them: ‘One thing is for certain, for the majority of you, your stock has increased at Bolton.’

“That is because of the size of the football club, the success and progression we have had, and the fact they have done pretty well themselves.

“They have played well for us, their stock has increased, and because of that they are wanted.

“We will never force anyone out of this football club, it isn’t what we are about or how we do business, but if they feel they need another challenge to play regular football then we will have those conversations.”

Wanderers are also aware of a growing number of Premier League and Championship scouts that have been visiting home games in the past few weeks.

Evatt feels the added attention is a sign that the club is progressing.

“All we can do is control the controllables, so I don’t worry too much about it,” he said.

“It is probably a big compliment that we are getting things right. And as I have said before, if people want to come and buy our players then I hope they have got deep pockets.

“If we feel it is a good deal to move this club forward, then we would always do things in the best interest of Bolton Wanderers, that is our only agenda here.

“I get reports on scouting lists on every game and it is ever growing. There are a lot of regular visitors, which usually tells you one or two things. But it is the nature of the beast and it means we are getting things right.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum