Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Am I the only one?

+11
bwfc71
inf
wanderlust
observer
aaron_bwfc
Banks of the Croal
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
JonnyRandom
Reebok Trotter
Boggersbelief
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Am I the only one? Empty Am I the only one? Sun Nov 04 2012, 22:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Or is anyone else enjoying life in the championship? I think it's great, much better than being in the prem and expecting to lose week in week out.

Of all the time I've supported Bolton they've been in the premiership so I was gutted about relegation! But although we've started terribly i feel excited about going to see my team play, something which I haven't felt since the big sam days. I do expect and think we will be a premiership team again next season but I will certainly miss this league if and when we gain promotion. It is a welcome break, a fresh start and has made me come to a sudden realisation that the prem really isn't all that.

2Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Sun Nov 04 2012, 22:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gonnawin4coyle wrote:Or is anyone else enjoying life in the championship? I think it's great, much better than being in the prem and expecting to lose week in week out.

Of all the time I've supported Bolton they've been in the premiership so I was gutted about relegation! But although we've started terribly i feel excited about going to see my team play, something which I haven't felt since the big sam days. I do expect and think we will be a premiership team again next season but I will certainly miss this league if and when we gain promotion. It is a welcome break, a fresh start and has made me come to a sudden realisation that the prem really isn't all that.

I thought we would win more than we have done so far but I think it is an entertaining league because there are no certainties. If you get a decent run with three or four wins you can easily find yourself in the top six. The only downside for me is the Tuesday night and Wednesday midweek games especially away. You struggle to get the crowds midweek because of work commitments. Thank Christ for the Bolton Nuts live link run by Biggie.

3Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Sun Nov 04 2012, 22:16

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I enjoy the midweek matches more than the saturday ones

4Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Sun Nov 04 2012, 22:18

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I enjoy the 2 matches a week, weeks, but still want to be in the Prem with the best of English Football...

5Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Sun Nov 04 2012, 22:21

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I always knew the matchday experience would be no less enjoyable in the second tier, I just like to see the club competing at the top level, for pride reasons.

So far the football hasn't been more pleasing. It's been exactly the same shite that got us relegated and it's funnily not proved much more effective against lesser opposition.

6Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Sun Nov 04 2012, 22:22

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

When you think we only won 4 league games at home all last season and for me were always under the threat of Relegation, it makes a welcome change.

Compared to last season when i was always looking at the league table and watching how the other relegation candidates were doing. Not too concerned at the moment long as we don't get cut adrift by Christmas and we are still in with a chance of the play offs or better...

7Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Sun Nov 04 2012, 22:28

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I like the 2 games in a week thing and to be honest apart from the top 4/5 clubs in the prem I don't see much difference in quality in the teams we played last season to some we have played this year.

It does make a change going to a game knowing we could win every game but the uncertainty of this league in that anyone can beat anyone makes it more entertaining.

8Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Mon Nov 05 2012, 02:31

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:I like the 2 games in a week thing and to be honest apart from the top 4/5 clubs in the prem I don't see much difference in quality in the teams we played last season to some we have played this year.

It does make a change going to a game knowing we could win every game but the uncertainty of this league in that anyone can beat anyone makes it more entertaining.
Had we beat the drop, we would still be bottom six, but probably ahead of the drop. The competition has been similar from the bottom ten in the EPL to the Championship teams. With no money we will never catch the top flight teams, but with a manager who gets the best out of his players (ala BSA who has West Ham in 8th place and drawing with Man City this weekend), we might just get back to the EPL next season. No reason we can not do it with the stubborn OC gone. Let's hope Dougie inspires and we get good performances out of the team. Anyone not performing should be shown the door. Great start!

9Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Mon Nov 05 2012, 06:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have not seen any outstanding teams in this league so far ( including us ) so it is certainly still possible for us to gain promotion. Once Dougie has worked out his best team and formation I think we may just turn the corner.

10Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Mon Nov 05 2012, 07:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's more exciting, but I don't expect we'll get promoted. Still early days with DF and we have a bit of ground to make up. Hopeful, but I don't expect to go up this time.

11Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Mon Nov 05 2012, 08:20

inf

inf
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I think its more exciting too. Everything can happen in this league, and i enjoy the midweek games. I would enjoy it even more if i could watch the games too. Wink

12Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Mon Nov 05 2012, 09:55

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have to admit that I have been watching more and more of the Championship before we got relegated. In fact started watching it on a regular basis, again, about 3 season's ago and when we did get relegated I was only one of a few that knew we would have a hard time - especially this season as the rich pickings of the Premiership get even more richer from next season so can you imagine how many teams want a part of that!

But it is a very close league and right what some say that it only takes 3 or 4 games to get near the top whilst it only takes 3 or 4 games to end up near the bottom. A very unpredictable league and thats what makes it interesting to watch.

13Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Mon Nov 05 2012, 09:58

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Its a bit of an anti-climax for me, not much different to being in the premiership except the crowds (especially the pathetic away following most teams bring) are smaller. The massive gaps are a bit depressing, I remember laughing at boro a couple of years ago as they had more seats than fans, but that south stand is just a joke, for gods sake - why cant the club give out loads of free tickets to schools, scouts, army cadets, amateur football clubs and charities for the upper tier of the south stand? They are not going to get sold anyway, id rather have an arse on a seat (that may buy something at half time) than a near empty stand...

I was expecting us to totally decimate every team that was put in front of us if im honest and finish the season as runaway champions... I now realise these expectations were maybe a little unrealistic...

14Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Mon Nov 05 2012, 10:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I try to follow the progress of all the divisions if just to keep an eye out for emerging talent and was under no illusions about the task we faced when we were relegated. That's probably why I couldn't understand the "favourites for promotion" and "best squad in the league" tags - especially after we dumped 15 players - I just thought it was disrespectful to other teams, amongst whom are some big clubs/sleeping giants who have ambitions of their own.

Still you never know which teams are going to gel and signings don't necessarily make a good team - as QPR are proving this year,

15Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Mon Nov 05 2012, 10:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

inf wrote:I think its more exciting too. Everything can happen in this league, and i enjoy the midweek games. I would enjoy it even more if i could watch the games too. Wink

inf, That's the only problem with the Championship. The football show after MOTD on Saturday night is the only real chance to watch all the Championship games.

16Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Mon Nov 05 2012, 10:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I was expecting us to totally decimate every team that was put in front of us if im honest and finish the season as runaway champions... I now realise these expectations were maybe a little unrealistic...

The bookies had us favourites for promotion as well. I agree about the South Stand. We should sell all of the upper tier to the away fans and let school kids and OAP's sit in the lower stand at a reduced rate.

17Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Mon Nov 05 2012, 10:52

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

The bookies had us favourites for promotion as well. I agree about the South Stand. We should sell all of the upper tier to the away fans and let school kids and OAP's sit in the lower stand at a reduced rate.

Id do it the other way round - have the home fans in the upper tier... my reasons for this are that a lot of the away fans in the championship have a large hooligan element - Cardiff, Bristol and soon to be Millwall. Id rather have these BELOW any children and families than above them were they can (and will) spit, throw coins, bottles, hot drinks etc...

Plus moving them all to the upper tier would mean no means of escape for the away fans - meaning more trouble when they get penned in by our idiot stewards who wind them up and then leave them to the police - who then hide behind the away fans and leave them to the home fans to sort out... Rolling Eyes

18Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Mon Nov 05 2012, 11:36

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's not the same any more. I've watched Bolton in the lower leagues in the past but there's no substitute for coming up against the top teams and players. You get used to Premiership football and the sooner we get back up there the better. The atmosphere's crap when there's so many empty seats and the referees are even more useless in this league.

19Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Mon Nov 05 2012, 12:10

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Its shit being in this league we are off the radar, prems the only place to be for me.

20Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one? Mon Nov 05 2012, 16:20

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Well said, AD. :clap:

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum