Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Ball is in his court' - Evatt confirms bids accepted for Dapo Afolayan

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Ball is in his court' - Evatt confirms bids accepted for Dapo Afolayan 16349460

Wanderers have accepted more than one bid for striker Dapo Afolayan, Ian Evatt has confirmed.

German club St Pauli are one of the clubs who have met Bolton’s price tag for the 25-year-old former West Ham man.

It is understood that at least two English Championship clubs have also been monitoring the situation and may have made an offer.

Evatt told the local press this afternoon that the player is now speaking to the interested parties with a view to leaving Wanderers this month.

“This is one that will probably separate the fanbase and everyone will have an opinion,” he said. “The facts – and I won’t give you numbers – but we have had some offers for Dapo and they have reached our valuation, so we have given permission for it to be discussed with the player himself. We are along in that process at the moment.”

Wanderers’ transfer plans for January are not thought to be influenced by Afolayan’s departure with money already made available to sign one or two targets currently on Evatt’s shortlist.

The Bolton boss said bids made for Afolayan, coupled with his contractual situation, make this the right time to sell.

“It is down to the player,” he said. "The ball is in his court.

“What I will say is that Dapo has been a brilliant player for us and has given us some wonderful moments but like any other he has 18 months left on his contract and someone has met his valuation, what we believe him to be worth, and we will see how things progress and develop from there.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Huge mistake.

No doubt someone will sign him, play him in his proper position, he'll score 20 goals and sign for Leicester or similar for £20m.

Evans out.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As mentioned before i do follow St Pauli as well and they are really struggling this season after almost getting promoted last season. They sacked their head coach recently and replaced him with a very young coach (29 i think?) and then appointed a more experienced assistant coach to help him.

As much as i like St Pauli not sure a move to them will be great at the moment.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not as though I know anything but it all seems rather odd, I mean why is a second division German club scouting a third division English club for players?

As far as I can tell from wiki, St Pauli has no obvious links to the English leagues, no British players (or coaches?) in their squad, none of their players seemed to have any links to Bolton, so I can only guess that someone has sent them a video to watch?

Even then Dapo has hardly played that much this season - and when he has he hasn't been that great. I hardly think they have scouted him live at games this season.

I can understand more the interest of English clubs in him, there will be formal and informal networks and grapevines from them to him and visa versa - but I just don't see that connection with him and Germany, let alone a struggling division 2 side.

As I say what do I know - but it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't end up there - unless he's really pushing to go there himself for some reason?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Not as though I know anything

I've been telling you that for years.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Not as though I know anything

I've been telling you that for years.

It's quite true, I don't know much about most things.

I have had a thought though - St Pauli is a Hamburg club, last season we had Amaechi on loan - he plays for... Hamburg!

Small world and all that perhaps, but I'm guessing that is where the networking connecting Dapo to St Pauli stems from?

Who knows - I don't, just me guessing again!

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum