Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Keep performing' - Evatt's advice to Kyle Dempsey as court case looms

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Keep performing' - Evatt's advice to Kyle Dempsey as court case looms 16369522

Ian Evatt is confident that Kyle Dempsey can maintain his fine recent form at Wanderers despite the shadow of a looming court date.

The midfielder has started the last four league games for the Whites, helping them make an unbeaten start to 2023.

But the 27-year-old also has off-the-field matters that must be addressed in the coming weeks, which bear no relevance to the football field.

On January 9, Dempsey and his father, Michael, were granted unconditional bail by a magistrates’ court in Workington, Cumbria, after entering not guilty pleas to charges of assaulting a person, occasioning them actual bodily harm.

It is alleged that the defendants assaulted a man in Maryport on July 16, shortly after Wanderers had played a pre-season friendly against Carlisle United.

Both men are now scheduled to appear before Carlisle Crown Court on February 6.

Evatt believes Dempsey will devote his full attention to playing for his club as the legal situation runs its course.

“I can’t comment on it because it isn’t my place to do so, but we will offer Kyle our full support, give him all the help he needs,” said the Bolton boss. “He needs to focus fully on his football. He is enjoying his football at the moment and things are going really well for him.

“I know he is focussed on his football, so what will be, will be, in the other case and the other scenario, but for us, we just need him to be a good team-mate, a good professional and to keep performing the way he is doing at the moment.”

Dempsey has made up part of a settled midfield in recent weeks and Evatt feels he is playing his best football in the 12 months he has been with the club.

“I like the dynamic at the moment, where everyone in the midfield area offers something slightly different, whether it’s MJ Williams, Aaron Morley, Josh Sheehan, Kyle Dempsey or Kieran Lee, they all bring something,” he said.

“Kyle is the most dynamic one, gives us the most energy, he’s combative and can dribble as well, which we have spoken about getting more dribblers in the team.

“So, I’m pleased with how he is playing at the moment. I am pleased with them all.”

Wanderers are waiting to finalise their third signing of the January window and are still optimistic the new man will be in place by the time Evatt takes his side to Derby County on Saturday.

News on Dapo Afolayan’s potential move to St Pauli has also slowed, although sources in Hamburg say a deal is now close.

The German club’s sports director, Andreas Bonemann said there was scope to add to the three players they have already brought in this month.

“The transfer window is still open for two weeks,” he said. “Experience shows that too much can happen before the transfer deadline for us to be able to rule out further additions or departures at the moment.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum