Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Very good team' - Forest Green boss gives verdict on Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Very good team' - Forest Green boss gives verdict on Wanderers 16015336

Forest Green boss Ian Burchnall says Wanderers are “a really nice football team to watch” ahead of tonight’s trip to the UniBol.

Burchnall was full of praise for the Whites, who currently sit fifth in the League One table despite Saturday’s 2-1 defeat at promotion rivals Derby.

Meanwhile, Rovers suffered a 2-1 defeat against MK Dons at the weekend and find themselves at the bottom of the table at this stage.

Burchnall is expecting a tough test against Ian Evatt’s men and says they have to “harness the underdog spirit” if they are to get something from the game.

“We played a very good game against them at home,” he told Gloucestershire Live. “A very good team, excellent in possession of the ball, a really nice football team to watch.

“Their squad is strong, but we really have to start embracing these stadiums and atmospheres. We have to harness the underdog spirit.

“We also have to understand the size of the task for a club this small to go and battle it out against some of the teams in this division. We’re very driven to do well but we’re very hard on ourselves.”

Ahead of tonight’s game, Forest Green have bolstered their ranks with the signing of Norwich forward Tyrese Omotoye.

The 20-year-old, who has represented Belgium at Under-16 level, scored three goals in 11 Premier League 2 appearances this season.

He already has EFL experience, having spent time on loan at both Leyton Orient and Carlisle last term, making 21 appearances in total.

Omotoye told the club’s website: “I’m delighted to be here. I’ve heard a lot of good things about the club.

“It was a no-brainer, it’s a good club to be at. I wanted to have a home and a bit of stability. I love to score goals. I want to come in and score as many as possible.”

Wanderers suffered a 1-0 defeat when the sides met earlier in the season, with Connor Wickham getting the decisive goal that day.

Amadou Bakayoko could come up against his former club after completing a move to the New Lawn earlier in the window.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum