Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have we just got another Kevin Davies cradler?

+11
terenceanne
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
karlypants
jayjay23
xmiles
Reebok_Rebel
JonnyRandom
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
15 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In an interview on Radio Manchester before the game, Freedman explained he thought Ngog couldn't have made the impact he did against Cardiff had Kevin Davies not tired their centre halves out. I find this idea not just nonsensical, but worrying to think the new manager could justify the selection of a player so generally ineffective on such a meager basis. Coupled with the decision to keep him on the field for the full ninety tonight, it's also an indication that Freedman is just another Kevin Davies superfan - something it was paramount the new man in charge wasn't.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe he kept him on for the full duration because he has no-one else to replace him?

If sordell was any good then he'd be on the field. Afobe is just as bad!

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I dont think we have seen enough of Sordell on the pitch to judge whether he's as bad as Afobe or not. At Watford he got into double figures in the championship so surely thats got to count for something. Also in the GB team he looked good.

I would honestly be regretting ever coming to Bolton if i was him. He's young and we have basically just put him at a stand still. For the sake of him, if he isn't playing by January then we should let him go. He needs games to carry on his development.

As for Davies, well i hope we haven't got another Coyle. He was crap on Saturday and same last night. Fair enough he won most headers but having him on the pitch puts our attacking on a halt. He's slow and not got a lot of creativity to make that cutting pass very often. That was shown when he was brought off on Saturday. We changed completely and looked much more threatening going forward as we weren't just pumping it into the box hoping he can get a head to it. We did that all game last night.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The thing about SKD is that he is good at what he does, generally being a bastard and pissing CB's off... so Dougie may have had a point then.

He is starting to mess the whole 'flowingness' of games up though, we look better when he gets subbed.

If we ever need to ride a game out though, he is the man to be on the pitch. plus he is still our top scorer isn't he?

he's coming to the end of his career, and i hate to see it - but he will ALWAYS be a Bolton legend in my eyes.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

With our defence so poor we need to score goals and that isn't going to happen with SKD as lone striker. Unfortunately I expect SKD to start on Saturday, I just hope that he gets substituted early in the second half.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

So much for utilising the whole squad then. Same 11 started. Davies ended up on for 90 mins. We got battered for the entire first half by the sounds of it. And in the second half we never really undid them like we did with Cardiff. Worrying signs.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does anyone know what's going on with Sordell at the moment?

I'm surprised Freedman hasn't had him on the pitch to give him a chance yet.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sordells attitude in training musn't be up to scratch is all I can think of, plus he hasn't exactly shone in the games we have seen him.

I'd imagine we would have seen Ngog last night if he hadn't been sent off previously because KD looked gone after 60 minutes.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Possibly keeping him away from the limelight due to the racial abuse investigation - which has finished today (SSN - 13 year old boy been banned for the foreseeable for abusing (although denying racial abuse) Sordell during warm-up - but being put through the Millwall run education programme to teach him the rights and wrongs of abuse)

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Somebody at the ground last night told me that Coyle dropped Sordell and Knight because they kept turning up late for training.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A guy I know who goes to every home and away games was told by a member of the bwfc staff at wolves that when JP & SL dropped knight, he walked out of training, hence why he appeared in the development squad match days later.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

On another thread I posted that SKD is now working to get his 6th manager fired ....I'm sticking to my opinion.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Somebody at the ground last night told me that Coyle dropped Sordell and Knight because they kept turning up late for training.

What later than Coyle - now that is an achievement!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sordell scored 15 goals in his only full season as a first team professional, aged 19/20. That's more than Davies has ever scored in a single season of a career spanning 20 years.

I think Coyle/Phillips/Freedman were/are under the delusion that we're in a position to disregard decent players because they don't pull their weight in training and other reasons alike, and we simply aren't.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe DF just doesn't know what to do with Sordell. His strengths (that we've seen) are link up play and great touch, but he hasn't been given the freedom to go for it that Ngog had v Cardiff. So maybe DF sees him as either a SKD in the making (but not as strong in the air or as powerful as yet) or a pacy striker in the making (but not as quick as Ngog). Either way, I'd like to see him given the chance to lead the line and have the freedom to shoot on sight.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe his "heads not right"

Dougie hinted that the lad had struggled being away from his family and his move up north.

Whatever the reason i hope he sorts it out soon.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Maybe his "heads not right"

Dougie hinted that the lad had struggled being away from his family and his move up north.

Whatever the reason i hope he sorts it out soon.

Pathetic. Sordell should grow a pair.

Davies is still in the team for two reasons.

1. Freedman's trying to play a more direct style, for which (on papaer) Davies is our most useful striker.
2. Not many managers would come in and drop a club legend after one shit performance against Cardiff, particularly as the back ups are Afobe and Sordell. I expect KD is one of the biggest dressing room personalities, somebody Freedman wouldn't want to alienate from the off (as AVB did with Lampard etc at Chelsea) if he's going to be dropped; I suspect he'll be eased out slowly so his confidence isnt damaged, and he's kept onside.

Give Dougie a chance, 4-2-3-1 is the right formation, so hopefully Pratley, Andrews and Davies are dropped soon, and we see N'gog, Petrov and Spearing come in. Although if he's wanting to play direct he probably wants to keep in at least 2 of them for their aerial ability if nothing else.

As for Sordell im as perlexed as everyone else but given the fact Coyle, Phillips and now Dougie have all done the same thing, surely it's a problem with him, either way I wish they'd be more open about it, to see £4 million or whatever rotting behind that clown Afobe is really frustruating.

the_pink_teddy

David Ngog
David Ngog

Good post, lets hope it doesnt take the new man in charge as long as these "super" kevin davies fans to realise he's never been any good and whoever said sordell would start if he was any good... Nonsense! 1. Davies always started instead of anelka. Was anelka no good? 2. You clearly dont have to be any good to start for freedmam when davies has started both games so far. 3. We havent seen enough of sordell to say hes no good but certainly seen enough to see hes better than k davies! Enough said. Lets see some decent forwards in action!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum