Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers boss Ian Evatt on Exeter City victory

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers boss Ian Evatt on Exeter City victory 16647851

Wanderers boss Ian Evatt hailed his players after they “toughed it out” during their 1-0 win at Exeter.

Conor Bradley got the decisive goal during the first half after latching onto Josh Sheehan’s through ball.

The Whites faced a barrage of crosses into the box after the break but managed to keep the Exeter attack at bay.

“I thought first half, we were breath-taking again,” said Evatt. “I thought some of our play was outstanding and we arguably should have put the game to bed. We had some really good moments but our last pass and last decision wasn’t tight enough.

“But the goal was really well worked. I thought the way we built from back to front, the calmness was excellent.

“These have won their last four home games and we were always going to start to fatigue after last weekend.

“We have had a bit of adversity this week with Rico and Eoin being injured, but we toughed it out and showed we are up for the fight.

“I thought the substitutes really helped us and it is a massive win against a team who have won their last four here.”

Skipper Ricardo Santos was absent from the squad, and Evatt confirmed he has picked up a thigh injury.

He added: “It is not great, it’s a thigh injury. The normal prognosis would be four weeks but we are hopeful it can settle quicker.

“It is what it is, and other people have got to stand up. I think we have been really unlucky with injuries this season – that is Jack Iredale, Eoin and Rico all out at the moment. But we have to find a way to win, and we found a way to win today.”

Eoin Toal was also unavailable after picking up an ankle injury during the win against Plymouth at Wembley.

“They toughed it out, they were gutsy,” the manager explained. “They showed fight, passion and determination.

“You have to do that away from home – especially against a team who has been going really well of late.

“To keep a clean sheet here, first and foremost, is excellent – especially with all the disruption we’ve had in the backline this week. And some of our play in the first half was really good to see.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum