Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MATCH REACTION: Ian Evatt's verdict on Fleetwood win and play-offs

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MATCH REACTION: Ian Evatt's verdict on Fleetwood win and play-offs  16724982

Ian Evatt hailed Wanderers’ qualification for the play-offs as a “big achievement” after victory against Fleetwood officially sealed a place in the top six.

Peterborough’s slip against Bristol Rovers means that Bolton have hit their target with a weekend to spare.

The Whites will now face Barnsley or Sheffield Wednesday in the play-offs, depending on whether they finish fifth or sixth.

Evatt was delighted to get over the line at the end of a week that begun with defeat against Accrington.

“It is just the first part, really, and a week in football is a long time,” he said.

“Tuesday there was a huge overreaction but the one thing we have always done when we have had questions asked of us is answer them, and we have done that the majority of the time. I knew I would get a response today.

“Fleetwood are a dangerous team, they invested heavily, and the conditions didn’t really help the way we wanted to build from the back.

“We were determined, we were dogged, but I don’t think the game was in any doubt today.

Wanderers face Bristol Rovers on Sunday with no real pressure on the result.

Evatt joined the squad for the player of the year awards after the game but said it would be business as usual on Monday morning.

“It will be nice to have a week without any pressure,” he said. “This is a hugely high-pressure job and there is a lot of pressure on my shoulders. This was a big achievement but it is not enough, we want more.

“Obviously we will have the big fella back now (Ricardo Santos) and Eoin Toal was outstanding again – him coming back is a huge plus, and that’s nothing against the lads who stepped in, they have been excellent. People forget we have had two of our main defenders injured for the last four or five weeks but still been outstanding.

“We are in a good place. I am going to enjoy the awards and take a deep breath.

“We will start Monday and work towards giving our brilliant fans another day in the sunshine.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum