Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'I love being here' - Evatt on Bolton fans and securing play-off spot

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'I love being here' - Evatt on Bolton fans and securing play-off spot 16265174

Ian Evatt praised the “outstanding” support at the UniBol – and hopes the fans can keep lifting his Wanderers side heading into the play-offs.

The Whites secured a top six spot with a professional 2-0 victory against Fleetwood at the weekend.

Evatt’s men went in front through a Promise Omochere own goal and Kyle Dempsey wrapped up the result 12 minutes from time.

The Bolton boss previously called on supporters to create a “cauldron of noise” and believes the atmosphere gave his players a boost against the Cod Army.

“The fans in the stadium against Accrington, against Fleetwood and all season have been absolutely outstanding,” he told The Bolton News.

“I take no notice of social media – for me, it is just a load of nonsense. People want to air their views, some of it gets personal. But I take no notice.

“All I care about is doing all I can to make sure this club progresses and gets back to where I believe it belongs.

“The fans have welcomed me with open arms. This is a really good fit for me, I love my job and I love being here.

“I am really proud to be the manager of this football club and that won’t change.”

Wanderers have the fourth-highest average attendance in the division since the start of the campaign, sitting above the likes of Portsmouth, Plymouth and Charlton.

Only Derby, Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday can better the Whites’ total heading into the final weekend of the season.

Evatt’s men are guaranteed to be at home for the first leg of their play-off semi-final and will face either Wednesday or Barnsley depending on results this weekend.

Meanwhile, Derby and Peterborough will battle it out for the remaining top six spot. The Rams have a two-point advantage over Darren Ferguson’s side at this stage and also have a better goal difference.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum