Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Play-off memories

+2
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Play-off memories Empty Play-off memories Wed May 03 2023, 11:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've been involved in a lot of these over the years, what's your favourite and worst memories of them?

Some obvious ones like the Reading final but we had some battles with Wolves in play-offs and the famous punch up of course Very Happy

I also remember a game against Bury i think when we had big Tony Cunningham and he scored against them after we signed him from Bury. A great diving header if i remember correctly?

Worst ones have to be Tranmere loss in the final when they brought about 10 fans to Wembley and the loss to Watford.

2Play-off memories Empty Re: Play-off memories Wed May 03 2023, 13:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've had some great days no doubt, but my favourite is the two-legged semi final against Wolves.

3Play-off memories Empty Re: Play-off memories Wed May 03 2023, 15:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The one I have only ever been to was the final against Reading.

A Truly fantastic game!

4Play-off memories Empty Re: Play-off memories Wed May 03 2023, 16:42

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:We've had some great days no doubt, but my favourite is the two-legged semi final against Wolves.
I’d second that Nat, brilliant entertainment and battle between Super John and Bully. That said I can’t recall anything better than the Reading win, a game that had absolutely everything. As for the worst, it has to be the Tranmere final. They had so few fans they had to use the taped fan noise at their end to even make it sound exciting. However did we lose that and what a long and miserable drive home? 🥴

5Play-off memories Empty Re: Play-off memories Wed May 03 2023, 20:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The loss to Aldershot all those years back was a hard one to take.

I couldn't believe they could possibly beat us...

...but they did.

6Play-off memories Empty Re: Play-off memories Fri May 05 2023, 12:34

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Am I right in thinking it’s the first time since 2001 that Bolton have been in the play offs? In the days I supported Bolton, the play offs were always exciting and nerve wracking. Never felt so deflated at a football match than the Watford loss. Crazy that was 24 years ago. I remember the Ipswich semi finals, Barry Knight was part of the Ipswich team in one return leg. The Reading final will always be the most famous day in Bolton’s last 50 years, that’s always worth watching back, just scary how long ago it now was. 
Bolton had some really good teams back in those days. Good times to be a Bolton fan they were.

7Play-off memories Empty Re: Play-off memories Fri May 05 2023, 13:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are you still a Chelsea supporter MD?

8Play-off memories Empty Re: Play-off memories Fri May 05 2023, 14:05

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:Are you still a Chelsea supporter MD?

I’m a Man City fan these days. But I still look out for Bolton. I just got so fed up of Bolton in those years following relegation from the PL. Has any PL team fallen to the depths Bolton were at, down towards the bottom of league 2? It’s good that Bolton are on the up but if they do get promoted can they compete at Championship level?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum