Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt signs new three-year contract with Bolton

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt signs new three-year contract with Bolton  16724982

Ian Evatt has signed a new three-year deal with Wanderers.

The 41-year-old has been rewarded for a season of success at the University of Bolton Stadium with a contract that takes him up to June 2026.

Evatt had 12 months left on his remaining deal with the Whites, signed after promotion from League Two, and has been eyed by a number of Championship clubs over the past couple of seasons.

Wanderers have already won the Papa Johns Trophy with a 4-0 win against Plymouth Argyle this season alongside a play-off spot in League One.

Evatt’s side will face Barnsley or Sheffield Wednesday in the semi-finals, hoping to book a return to the national stadium and potentially Championship football.

He joined from Barrow in the summer of 2020 and discussed a "three-year plan" with chairman Sharon Brittan, which remains on course after successive seasons of progress and a play-off campaign to come.

“I’m delighted to have signed a new contract at this great club," he said, preparing for the final game of the regular season against Bristol Rovers.

“As a club, we spoke at great length about our aims and ambitions when I first joined and they haven’t been achieved yet and they haven’t changed.

“We’re on a journey. I really enjoy working with the people I’m working with and the group of investors, Sharon and the Board, who are all brilliant people. We have a fantastic relationship to carry this club forward with.

“My staff, who help me every single day, have been a huge part of this journey and will continue to be on it with us. There’s more hard work to come and I’m excited for the future.”

Wanderers got promotion in Evatt's first season and finished a solid ninth last term, setting a top six target this time around.

Crowds are the highest they have ever been at this level of football, and season ticket numbers have also hit new highs.

“We’ve seen the difference it’s made, this season in particular, with the size of the crowds and a fantastic fanbase," Evatt said.

“The town seems to be thriving again and part of it is down to the football club thriving again. We’re hungry for more. We’re never satisfied, we always want to improve and that will continue.

“I think everyone is excited about the progress we’re making and this is just another point of the journey where it’s time for more hard work and not for pats on the back.

“This is by no means a pat on the back, this is just that we’re happy with the ways things are going – from all sides – and let’s continue.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum