Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers' Conor Carty on learning from Eoin Doyle

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers' Conor Carty on learning from Eoin Doyle 16850718

Conor Carty is eager to keep scoring goals and make the most of his time in the League of Ireland.

Carty joined St Patrick’s Athletic on loan in February to get minutes under his belt in men’s football as he continues his development.

The forward had to be patient for opportunities during the opening stages of the season but has had a big impact lately, scoring three goals in his last six matches.

He was on target in a 3-1 victory at University College Dublin on Friday night, heading home from Ben McCormack’s corner.

“UCD is not an easy place to come so I’m delighted to get the three points and another goal,” he told the club’s official Twitter page.

“My job on set-pieces is to get on top of the goalkeeper and not make it easy for him. Benny has whipped in a good ball like he did all night and luckily I got on the end of it.”

The former Wolves youngster is playing alongside former Bolton duo Eoin Doyle and Harry Brockbank at Richmond Park.

While he is keen to contribute on the pitch, Carty insists he has already learned a lot from being around players like Doyle.

“That is what I want to do, I want to play men’s football and contribute to the team as much as I can. If I can just keep scoring goals, I will be happy,” he added.

“The games I haven’t been starting, I still have Doyler and Tommy (Lonergan) pushing me and it is a great experience as well. I am happy to take my chances when I get them.”

St Pat’s have been on a good run under new boss John Daly, who succeeded Tim Clancy in the hot seat. They currently sit fourth in the table – four points behind current leaders Shamrock Rovers.

“The standards have been driven all round the group,” Carty explained. “Training-wise, game-wise and even the little things we do like warm-ups in the gym, everyone is driving each other on.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum