Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kid ARRESTED for burning a poppy.

+8
Lofty_Love
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
Sgt. Bash
Natasha Whittam
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Kid ARRESTED for burning a poppy.  Empty Kid ARRESTED for burning a poppy. Mon Nov 12 2012, 20:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This kid trying to be a 'funny barstard' has been ARRESTED for showing a pic of a burning poppy on his twitter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2231660/Free-speech-row-man-ARRESTED-posting-image-burning-Poppy-Facebook-page-Remembrance-Sunday.html

Right or a bit much?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Depends on the context of the burning and in this case seems the right thing to do as the FB page was about remembering teh dead whereas this kid is defacating the remembrance of the dead. All he will get is a stern talking to and a "slap on the wrists" - anything more and it will be too much. But he will require a full visa if he ever wants to go to the States in the future.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:This kid trying to be a 'funny barstard' has been ARRESTED for showing a pic of a burning poppy on his twitter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2231660/Free-speech-row-man-ARRESTED-posting-image-burning-Poppy-Facebook-page-Remembrance-Sunday.html

Right or a bit much?

Do you spend your day on the Daily Mail website just waiting for these human interest stories?

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He's 19, not a kid. Younger men serve and die for their country in the armed forces. The guy should be punished with whatever the maximum punishment is for this crime.

Lt. Boon wrote:He's 19, not a kid. Younger men serve and die for their country in the armed forces. The guy should be punished with whatever the maximum punishment is for this crime.

The crime of burning a paper flower?

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

OneFinFreedman wrote:
Lt. Boon wrote:He's 19, not a kid. Younger men serve and die for their country in the armed forces. The guy should be punished with whatever the maximum punishment is for this crime.

The crime of burning a paper flower?

I have no idea what the exact name of the crime is. Inciting hate, causing people distress? It's obviously against the law for him to be arrested and anyone with a brain wouldn't post that pic. So I'd charge him with being a complete knobjob. Anyway, he's 19, not a kid, and should know better. That was my point...

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:This kid trying to be a 'funny barstard' has been ARRESTED for showing a pic of a burning poppy on his twitter.

Right or a bit much?

Do you spend your day on the Daily Mail website just waiting for these human interest stories?

No but i do read the website daily.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shocked

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Mon Nov 12 2012, 22:21; edited 1 time in total

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Linford House ? It sounds like the name of a place for juvenile delinquents. As punishment I would make the prick enlist in the army. The first thing he would lose would be that fcuking poncey quiff.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He's the least heterosexual looking rugby enthusiast I've seen in my life.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He wants a Battalion of Lancashire Fusiliers charging at him with their bayonets fixed.

Not for burning a poppy but for his stupid fucking name.

And then burn his butchered corpse.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He is a total knob, there is no denying that.

But he has been arrested for the very thing that our army has fought to protect, freedom of speech and human rights, which makes this all quite ironic.

If someone in this country thinks that donating to injured soldiers is wrong then that's their right.

Not protecting him, I think hes a total twat, but this is England, not North Korea, people should be able to believe/think what they want politically, as long as it doesn't harm anyone.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kid ARRESTED for burning a poppy.  677999948 Freedom of speach is exactly what the army fought to protect (although I dont agree with his views)

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He can express his viewpoint, that has never been the problem - but the problem here is his rise to entice trouble by putting the photo on a FB page to celebrate those that lost their lives.

It would be just as bad, if not worse, if he had defactaed a war memorial or even, much closer to home, a close ones grave - why not create a separate FB page to express his views instead of angering those that want to mourn their way!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am also concerned about his spelling. Squadey ? He must be a bit thick tbh.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc71 wrote:He can express his viewpoint, that has never been the problem - but the problem here is his rise to entice trouble by putting the photo on a FB page to celebrate those that lost their lives.

It would be just as bad, if not worse, if he had defactaed a war memorial or even, much closer to home, a close ones grave - why not create a separate FB page to express his views instead of angering those that want to mourn their way!

:agree:

Well said!

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Didn't realise it was on a memorial page

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Mr House is an attention seeker who probably didn't realise how deeply offended people would be by his actions. Well, now he has more than enough attention and his whole life ahead of him to reflect on what a Pillock he was.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Does anyone think if the person burning the poppy was a Muslim he wouldn't have been arrested?

Its funny how Muslims are allowed to burn poppies all over the UK and get away with it in the name of free speech and protest...

however, when a Brit does it...

A Brit cant play the 'racist' card you see - thus, by arresting this guy they are making the police look like they really give a shit, when In all honesty he is going to become a scapegoat.

the lads a prick for doing it like... but I think this is the kind of thing our liberal, scared of offending minorities/stopping them doing anything government has been wanting for years...

just saying...

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Does anyone think if the person burning the poppy was a Muslim he wouldn't have been arrested?

Its funny how Muslims are allowed to burn poppies all over the UK and get away with it in the name of free speech and protest...

however, when a Brit does it...

A Brit cant play the 'racist' card you see - thus, by arresting this guy they are making the police look like they really give a shit, when In all honesty he is going to become a scapegoat.

'Emdadur Choudhury (right), a member of Muslims Against Crusades (MAC), was found guilty of burning replica poppies during a two-minute silence on Remembrance Day 2010'

Its in the article.

Last edited by Lofty_Love on Tue Nov 13 2012, 19:19; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum