Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evatt on key role Cameron Jerome is playing with fellow strikers at Wanderers

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt on key role Cameron Jerome is playing with fellow strikers at Wanderers 17345335

Ian Evatt reckons Cameron Jerome’s influence on Wanderers extends beyond the pitch.

The veteran forward remains a big part of Bolton’s first team squad, making 11 appearances this season, the vast majority of which have been from the bench.

But Evatt says Jerome has also been a prominent figure behind the scenes, working with the likes of Dion Charles, Dan Nlundulu, Victor Adeboyejo and Jon Dadi Bodvarsson to try and improve their game too.

Wanderers get back to business in League One this weekend with the visit of Northampton Town, and Evatt is happy to see the former Norwich, Stoke and Birmingham City front man continue to guide his team-mates.

“Most of the staff, even though I class myself as an attacking coach, we were all centre-backs, so the fine-tuning of centre-forwards, they do things and see things slightly differently to us defenders,” he said.

“Cameron has had a wonderful career at the highest level, played in the Premier League, played in Europe, done a lot of good things. Why would we not pick his brains and ask him to develop some of our striking talent?

“He can give them tips to help them improve and he has the thought autonomy to do that.

“We’re not in some sort of dictatorship here, it is about getting the best results for Bolton Wanderers, and if Cameron can help our centre-forwards do that, I am all for it.

“He is a senior player, has a lot of experience in all aspects of the game but in particular that centre-forward role. Dan, Victor, Dion, even Jon have used his advice at some stage and that is great to see.”

Wanderers are currently in the process of finding a new first team coach after the departure of Sam Hird but Evatt believes Jerome’s focus is still fixed on his playing career for the time being.

He said: “I haven’t really had that conversation with him. Coaching and management isn’t for everyone, it is very intense and comes with a lot of sacrifice.

“I do think he would have a lot to offer the game in some way, so I would like to think he would stay in it in some way, shape or form, although I will say he has a lot to offer us right now as a player.“I am pleased with him – he comes on, gives him his absolute all.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can he not retire and be a full time coach then? He's hopeless when he comes on and offers nothing.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I swear, someone's taking the piss with these articles.

Jerome "teaching" our forwards? It's like having Bob teach a course on humility.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Can he not retire and be a full time coach then? He's hopeless when he comes on and offers nothing.

As I said couple weeks back. He will take up a coaching role in January

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum