Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gardiner on B Team progress and Yoro hard work paying off

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gardiner on B Team progress and Yoro hard work paying off 14871121

Dave Gardiner is confident Wanderers’ efforts to develop youngsters will bear fruit after taking charge of the B Team for their 3-3 draw against Huddersfield in the Central League Cup.

Head of Academy Gardiner stepped in for Matt Craddock, who is currently working with the first-team squad following Sam Hird’s departure to take up a role at the Professional Footballers’ Association.

Trevon Bryan, Eric Yoro and Sean Hogan were all on target against the Terriers at the Eddie Davies Training Ground.

“We kept going until the end and showed character,” Gardiner told The Bolton News. “The boys have worked really hard in training.

“I don’t know whether to be pleased with the draw or actually be disappointed that we didn’t get three points.

“Some of our play was outstanding and we just missed that final touch or shot on goal to finish it off. We will digest it and watch the game back, but I think there is lots to be pleased with.”

He continued: “It is a fantastic job to have, running the Academy. We are doing some really good things and have created a pathway for the players.

“Now to have a bit of time working with the B Team, again blooding some of the youngsters in, it shows what we are doing at the club is working.

“The B Team players put in a performance that their hard work deserved and the young lads got to be part of that. The future is bright.”

Getting on the scoresheet was a nice moment for defender Yoro following a frustrating spell out of action through injury last term.

“I’m really pleased for Eric, he is working really hard off the pitch and in training,” Gardiner explained. “Each game, he is getting better and better.

“I thought he was outstanding in the first half with his positioning and how he moved the ball. In the second half, I think we had them penned in for most of the half.

“Eric has now got an opportunity to get more games under his belt and let’s see what the future holds for him.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum