Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

“I don’t think it is right or fair" - Evatt asks for fan backing on striker call

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

“I don’t think it is right or fair" - Evatt asks for fan backing on striker call 17376286

Ian Evatt has pleaded for positivity from fans whatever striker options he picks at The Valley.

Disappointed by the response from some travelling supporters at Wycombe when he swapped front two Dion Charles and Victor Adeboyejo for Cameron Jerome and Dan Nlundulu with the game at 2-2, the Bolton boss has asked for full backing from the 1,700-plus heading for London this afternoon.

Boos were heard from the away end when Evatt opted not to bring on his other two front men ahead of Jon Dadi Bodvarsson.

But as Bolton quickly fought back to regain the lead and win the game 4-2, Evatt felt his choice had been vindicated.

Asked for his reaction on the matter, Evatt told The Bolton News: “I don’t think it is right, or fair.

“I trust, support and back all of my players.

“Dion and Victor, the way they are asked to work, is incredibly challenging and incredibly difficult.

“It was a really tough decision on which two out of the three I was going to bring on. But I thought at that time, at 2-2, with their momentum, we needed some experience and a calm head, which was Cameron, and some energy, which was Dan.

“They provided both of those things for us. Cameron’s know how won us the penalty, in my opinion, and Dan’s work ethic and ability to get around the pitch was really important.

“I think it was the right decision. And, look, these players are trying their best to be the best they can be for Bolton Wanderers and I think everyone just needs support. That is not going to help.

“I know Jon is a favourite, and that is great. He is one of my favourites, believe it or not. I love him to bits, I think he is fantastic as a person and as a player, but as I have said many times, we need different skillsets at different stages of the game against different opposition. I felt on Tuesday were the right ones for that game.

“It doesn’t necessarily mean they are going to be the right for Saturday at Charlton, just for that occasion. And it was proven to be right. Sometimes I am proven to be wrong when you make that sort of call."

Jerome has not scored this season, having made one start and 11 sub appearances, while Nlundulu has two goals in all competitions having started five times and played 10 times from the bench. Bodvarsson has one goal from two starts and eight sub appearances across all competitions.

“The one thing we all need is positivity and support," Evatt added. "The players need to feel welcomed, and they need to feel loved, and I think that is the right way to go.”

Charlton’s 6ft 6ins striker Miles Leaburn is reported to be a target for Chelsea and Brentford after scoring six goals in 10 games across all competitions this season.

Son of former Valley favourite Carl Leaburn, the 19-year-old spent time at Stamford Bridge in the academy before moving across London and has already been subject to a £3million bid in the summer from an un-named Bundesliga club, say local press.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum