Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Kevin Davies was outstanding today" - Freedman!

+2
wanderlust
Bolton Nuts
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

"I thought Kevin Davies was fantastic today and I said that in the dressing room... Any player that wants to know how to play centre-forward needs to watch the video of today's game.

"He was outstanding in his play and all-round game. His performance was top-drawer and long may that continue."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

He did play well, but Davies playing is detrimental to the team but we have no one else that can play up front.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Kevin Davies had 2 or 3 players around him whenever he received the ball, he'd be fantastic, but under our system he is usually alone, surrounded by defenders on the end of a hopeful chip forward.

I think Sordell is the same kind of link-up player which is perhaps one reason why he isn't getting a look in ATM.

The root of the problem is defence IMO. If we weren't so vulnerable to breakaway attacks, midfielders would be more inclined to get forward to support in numbers and then we'd see the benefit of having a ball winner like SKD. To some extent, it's also the price you have to pay for playing with two wide men - they can't be on the wing and in the centre at the same time.

What we end up with is very few occasions when we have lots of bodies in dangerous areas, so whilst SKD deserves praise for his efforts, he's facing an uphill struggle to link up with team members every week because there is seldom anyone near him and defenders are just lapping it up. Good player, wrong system.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If Davies wasn't in the team Knight and Mills would still twat the ball up in the air. Not sure what Ngog or Sordell would do with balls like that tbh.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sordell was very good in that role when he played for England in the Olympics. Won his fair share and nearly always found a team mate. Mind you England did push the midfield on to support far more than we do so I suppose he had a better chance of connecting than SKD usually gets.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

It's no good saying Davies is good but the other players are not helping him enough. If he is ineffective for the most part TRY SOMETHING THAT WORKS. It's not Davies' fault, it's the boss.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For years I've been reading that all Davies needs is players around him to make the most of his flicks ons. The majority of headers he wins just involve him going in like a bull in a china shop without adequate calculation of what it will amount to. It's not that we don't have players intelligent enough to make the most of his work, his work just isn't that intelligent.

This was largely visible at yesterday's game, so this Freedman quote is upsetting.

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Kevin davies makes our play flat and breaks it down when we go forward. Anyone one of our strikers could have scored his goal yesterday. He was shite

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Repeating myself ..... SKD is now working to get his 6th manager fired.

I also said that any new manager coming in needs to have a "SKD non play" clause in his contract. Play our captain and yer out my son..... I'll stand by it until further notice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum